If anyone here is familiar with this piece, please read:

Im am trying to learn the Frog Galliard piece by john dowling and in my sheet music, it says to tune my g-string down to F#. Does this sound right to you guys? WHen i play it in standard, it doesnt sound right and i am playing it just like the video i have of scott tennent.

If you have any tips id appreciate it, im having trouble with the chord changes at the beggining. I know practice is the best way to get better, and i do consider myself an intermediate player. I also know that using my a finger in some of the faster parts will make it easier, but i tought myself so just know i am realizing it.

Thanks.
John Dowland, not Dowling.

And leave it in standard tuning, don't change the G to an F#, I'm not entirely sure why it says that, as I've come across it as well. If anything, put a capo on the 2nd fret to emulate lute tuning.
My God, it's full of stars!
Dowland, im sorry. Im at work right now. In my book it does say to capo the second fret as well, but i hate using capos. Is there any chance you know where there is a recorded solo guitar piece that i can find? The only one i have is a crappy recording of "pumping nylon" i have with tennant. I would ideally like to listen to it in my car, but could not locate the cd. I might have to by the lute recording.

Thanks.
Thats the exact video i have. I just searched amazon and couldnt find anything- thanks for your help though.
to be 'historically correct' when performing lute and vihuela pieces a lot of transcriptions will ask you to tune the G to an F# to mimick the pitch spacing between strings of a 6 course lute of vihuela.
wake the sun so the stars cant shine....
Could someone please direct me to a tab of that?

Originally Posted by guitar_freak333
I dont like death metal, I just see it as a bunch of hairy men playing the same riff over and over again exetremely fast.
Sorry can't help you with it. But I just wanted to say that not everything played on a classical guitar is classical music. John Dowland is a renaissance composer. In the case of classical guitar, music from the classical, romantic, baroque and renaissance (esp. lute transcriptions) eras are played often.
Quote by Shoestick
Could someone please direct me to a tab of that?

I wish i could, i got it out of a classical sheet music book that also had tab. I will post the name of the book when i get home- it was like 10.00 (us)
Im bumping this instead of creating a new thread.

I have been working on this song for a while now, and am having some trouble getting the legato part up to speed. Im an intermediate- advanced player, and i know that if you slow it down then you will get it eventually. I have been practicing it for a while now, AND CANT GET IT TO SOUND AS SMOOTh on a nylon string. My legato on electric is solid, but its not the same on classical. ANyone who can play this song, i would love some help.
Thanks.
Not Enough AssHatery