Page 1 of 2
Please discuss everything about Carl and Pete, music as well as drugs and other scandals they've been involved in! Everything!
I love 'em!
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
Yea the libertines were good, although this thread is a couple of years too late.
up the bracket is a fabulous album. pity they imploded, but thats what substance abuse will do to ye.
twas on the cover of NME this week there is a libertines reunion
now petes finally sorting himself out

Can't spell crap without rap
official member of the 'say no to hip-hop' club =]

founding member of the 'i'm in the 8%of teenagers who likes real music' club
pm me or Johnsonville to join
I thought we werent spose to have anymore of these, "here is a band, discuss them" threads, especially ones on bands with a million threads on em.

I love up the bracket alot though.
saw babyshambles at benicassim last week and they were awesome! read a review on nme which wasnt too complimentary, but he didnt seem too wasted when i saw him. also when they did 'time for heroes' that was incredible.
anyway i think neither babyshambles or dpt's are as good as the libertines (although i havent had much opportunity to listen to dpt's)
Quote by lo fi nights
I thought we werent spose to have anymore of these, "here is a band, discuss them" threads, especially ones on bands with a million threads on em.

I love up the bracket alot though.

hmmmmmmmm

anyways

the libertines were brilliant way back when in 2002 or whatever it was.

Up The Bracket was (and still is) a great album. Its a shame their second was ham.
My friend sent me What a Waster.

I loved it.

Now my other friend shall be hopefully burning an album pour moi.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Quote by *rocknrollqueen
twas on the cover of NME this week there is a libertines reunion
now petes finally sorting himself out

They only met, hardly a whole band reunion is it?

The libertines will never get back together.
Babyshambles, Yeti and a few DPT songs are allright. We should be talking about them if anything.
I saw DPT a while ago and they were rockin. I wish I knew some of their songs so I could enjoy it more.

but yeah I dig the Libertines too.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
^
Try You ****ing Love It. An awesome DPT song in my opinion.

And on the subject: I prefer Dirty Pretty Things over The Libertines, even though they both are very good.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
They were really cool live, even better than the strokes. Their guitar tone anoys me, too crispy
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
DPT have the look about them that they are all trying to be cool. I hate it when they all wear leather jackets and sunglasses at the same time, it makes them look like a manufactured pop band.
I love Up The Bracket, most stuff after was shite. I think the second album sounds like it was rushed to get it out while there was all the hype in the press.

Babyshambles put on a good show but I thought the album was terrible.
DPT are pretty good, Carl's amazing! Babyshambles are good too, Pete is saying things straight out (like he did with the last Libertines CD)..

Up The Bracket is my favourite CD, but Untitled is damn good too! ''Can't Stand Me Now'' is ****ing awesome!

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

Babyshambles are crap, DPT are average at best, but Up The Bracket was a top album. Some great songwriting showcased there methinks. The second album wasn't really as good, but it was better than anything any of the former members are doing now.
Libertines. Hmm. Rough, a bit sloppy, a bit Friday night. And I ****ing love it.

Yeah. Up the Bracket was awesome. Self-titled was a bit sketchier, but had some good songs on it.

Babyshambles to me are a mixed bag. Petes still got the songwriting flair, but he was such a damned mess at the time he recorded it. And his band seem to be a random bunch of people he found in a pub somewhere.

DPT are a bit woozy. Sound like unrehearsed Oasis on 40 a day. Not actually heard Yeti.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
^Babyshambles seems better live than on CD..

**** Forever is an awesome song!

Quote by pinheadslts75

I saw Babyshambles!!!

They were great live although I didn't know any of the songs. Such a shame to see him in such a bad way.
You should have seen babyshambles at the hultsfred festival, sweden, this summer! pete jumped down from the stage and hit a journalist then he threw beer all over the camera men and threw his guitar at the crowd, also smashed a few microphones...what a waster they were more than 2 hours late. hehe Best concert at the whole festival
dpt sound similar to wot the libertines 3rd album probly would hav sound like, babyshambles were gd but they're songs r all over the place
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
^Agreed!

But Pete is clean now, he announced that on Jonathan Russ show!

Quote by pinheadslts75

Yeah, I also thought that I was a banana (:p) when I first heard it, but it's true.. He's getting tested every second day now..
It's great!

But I don't think he has officialy announced it yet!

Quote by pinheadslts75

He looked in a really bad way 6 months ago, now with all tests and such he cant really get away with much. Did anyone read that interview with his mum in the Times Magazine, the picture on the front was quite sad.
Don't you just hate I.T. lessons
babyshambles are a mess. but i saw them live and they played time for heroes and it was great, so almost all is forgiven.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
honestly, pete has all sorts of implants in him that that test him and all sorts.

its good for him, but at the same time still oh so messed up.
The Libertines were a fucking great band, that spawned three good bands. When you listen to Babyshambles, Dirty Pretty Things and Yeti, you can instantly hear what's missing.
Pete Doherty was banned from flying with Easyjet last week when they found a syringe in the toilets.

But he did look a lot better in NME recently than for ages. I really like Down In Albion, in parts it's rough but most of it's good stuff.
Quote by thomyorke_123
He looked in a really bad way 6 months ago, now with all tests and such he cant really get away with much. Did anyone read that interview with his mum in the Times Magazine, the picture on the front was quite sad.

I read it fast, so I didn't get all the details..

But she hates him being a junkie and she's only met Kate Moss one time.
She says that she's been thinking of suicide every now and then..

EDIT: This is the article!

Quote by pinheadslts75

Quote by YAY_FOR_PIE
^
Try You ****ing Love It. An awesome DPT song in my opinion.

And on the subject: I prefer Dirty Pretty Things over The Libertines, even though they both are very good.

You, sir, are retarded. The Libertines > Babyshambles > DPT. That is not an opinion it is absolute fact. DPT are really good, but the other two spank them red raw.

This thread is dead!

"Don't look back into the sun" is the sex btw
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Best band of the 00's to date - simple as that. Mike Jones(Clash) input on Up The Bracket was superb, you could hear it shine through on the final pressing.
Quote by robbie
You, sir, are retarded. The Libertines > Babyshambles > DPT. That is not an opinion it is absolute fact. DPT are really good, but the other two spank them red raw.

You will be pleased to hear that DPT have finished recording their second album, which will be released in the UK in the Spring. Has to be good to top Waterloo to Anywhere.
Too bad they're famous for Pete Doherty's lifestyle and the endless amount of shitty rip-offs they've spawned. They were a great band, and certainly one of the best 00's bands.
Page 1 of 2