I am getting a new tube amp shortly, and I am having trouble decide which one to get. I have narrowed it down to either the Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier (head only) or the Peavey JSX Joe Satriani signature (head only). They are both similar in the price range. I already have a cabinet, and I just need to decide between the two. The JSX is 120 watt , and the Mesa is 50 watt. The other guitarist in our band uses the single rectifier, so I was leaning towards that, so that our sound would have a closer match. Although the JSX would be nice too, because more power and it has three channels with EQ and a built in fully adjustable noise gate. So I am asking you all, which one would you pick in this situation? Thanks for the help!
~Metal Up Your @$$~ \m/
what music do you play, what's your budget, what guitar do you have, what current amp do you have? also, why have you narrowed it down to those two? are they the only two you can get?

I'm not too well up on playing in a band, but from what i hear, both having the same amp is probably NOT what you want, as the sound frequencies may clash.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
We play alot of different styles, mostly metal and hard rock but we throw in some punk sounding stuff once in a while. I play on two main guitars an ESP EC-1000 Deluxe w/ EMG 81 actives, and an ESP Explorer with duncan's in that. I am willing to spend around 1,200 on the head. I narrowed it down to these cuz their both in my price range, I have played on both and they both sound great.
~Metal Up Your @$$~ \m/
^ have you tried a genz benz el-diablo head? I'd look into that as well, maybe an engl screamer too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?