Ok I am looking for a good acoustic guitar under $300 (and i know i won't get a great guitar for this price, but it's the most I can possibly spend)and I've have been doing some research and have come to the conclusion that the Takamine GS330S is the best option for me. I play a lot of Led Zeppelin, James Taylor, The Who, stuff like that. Please give me your opinion on this guitar, and if you do not think this is the best guitar for me, please give me your opinion on what is. Unfortunately, the closest guitar store is over 100 miles away, and being 15, I have no way to try any guitars out on my own. Here is a link to the Takamine: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Takamine-GS330S-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=516304
I've heard some good things about Yamahas, but I've also heard that Takamine makes the best low-end guitars available on the market so I don't know. Is there a specific Yamaha model you had in mind?
I like a wide variety of music, everywhere from Children of Bodom to yes, James Taylor. Now if you have something useful to say then I would appreciate it, otherwise, shut your pie hole.
nut no really but i know some one whith a yamaha and it only cost him 80 buck and it sounds amazing i don't know how he got it for that cheap and it sounds so good
You can get a really good Crafter acoustic for around £200. Dunno how much that is in dollars though...
Zed: Bring out the Gimp.
Maynard: But the Gimp's sleeping.
Zed: Well, I guess you better go and wake him up then...
epiphone r pretty decent... i think yamaha is the best guitars for nylon but idk bout acoustic... anyways, i own a $200 epiphone guitar and it sounds good~ until it got its neck twisted from the cold whether and after repairin it, it never sounded the same
washburn D10S for $200, or the cutaway electric model (D10SC i think) which runs at around 250 or 300, can't remember. best guitar i played in that price range.

EDIT: by the way, this is the wrong thread, put it in the acoustic thread.
where the hell do you live?
i have about 5 or 6 stores within an hour of my house.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Washburn D10S. Not only best acoustic under $300, but I'd dare to say best acoustic under $700.

I tried out TONS of acoustics when looking to buy mine. Epiphones, Alvarez, Yamaha, Fender, Takamine, Norman and then, just for the hell of it, I tried out this cheap Washburn. It blew me away. It sounded much, much better than any of the other acoustics I had been trying (excluding an $1800 Gibson Acoustic and a $1200 Washburn). I bought it the next day and I still haven't played a better acoustic under $700.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Thanks for the info. about the Washburn, and also, I live waaaaaay out in West Virginia.
Do you guys have any problems with fret buzz on the D10s? Because I just read some reviews on it and people have had major issues with fret buzz on their's.
Quote by AWguitar
Do you guys have any problems with fret buzz on the D10s? Because I just read some reviews on it and people have had major issues with fret buzz on their's.

None at all. Mine has no fret buzz, PERFECT intonation and perfect string height. Even my guitar teacher said that he hasn't ever seen an acoustic so perfectly set up before.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ACOUSTIC RULE NUMBER ONE: NEVER BUY ONLINE -
ALWAYS ALWAYS PLAY THE GUITAR IN PERSON!

Acoustic guitars are the perfect example of how the wood and craftsmenship will affect your sound.

Here are my recomendations....
Look for a solid spruce or cedar top.

You probably won't get a solid back and sides... but if you can go for it.

Make sure the saddle and nut isn't made of plastic, graphtech is fine... oem plastic is cheap.

Make sure it feels good in your hands and has enough bass and highs... after you own a guitar a while the highs will soften a bit and the guitar will thicken in the bass notes.

Guitars without stain or paint will resonate more freely = natural color guitars sound better.

Suggestions of Brands of Guitars. (MY OPINION BEST TO WORST BRANDS FOR BEGINNERS)

Yamaha - For the money, NOBODY beats their ACOUSTIC guitars....
Takamine - Very good begginer guitars, age well. I still have a Jasmine by Takamine
Washburn - Descent guitars but still needs setup work.
Ibanez - Okay guitars, lots of setup work,
Fender - Okay guitars but they need a lot of setup work.
Dean - pretty guitars that sound thin to me...
Crafter - hard to find in the states... not bad... pretty guitars...

Good Luck
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
i have no problem with fret buzz on the D10S either...the washburn was also voted best acoustic guitar under $500 by some magazine but i can't remember which one. i do highly suggest trying to get to a store to play a few though, and i have to drive an hour (not quiet a hundred miles) to get to any decent guitar stores.
Guitar MD, all my Washburn D10S needed was a new set of strings - the same was for the other D10S' that were in stock at the store as well. I don't get why you'd say they need setup work.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I both own and reccomend the Alverez RD8C. Acoustic electric, comes with the hardshell case. Very good sound and playability. Here's a link to it.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alvarez-Regent-Series-RD8C-Dreadnought-AcousticElectric-Cutaway?sku=518716
ESP EC-100QM(Upgraded)
Gibson Flying V
Ibanez S470DXQM
SKB Rack
:BBE 428 Sonic Maximizer
:Tsunami 31 Band EQ
:Yamaha 150watt Power Amp
Line 6 POD XT Live w/ms model pack.
Crate GT412 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
EMG 81, 85
Monster Cables
well for 350 my freind bought an amazing ibanez electric/acoustic....the finish is like tiger auburn or something like that by far the most beautiful acoustic ive ever seen sounds real good and its a steal for the money
my gear
Epiphone zakk Wylde
prs soapbar 2
Line 6 spider 2