Well, I myself am not a Latent Appliance Fetishist, as you appear to be, but I believe there are far less abrasive machines available on the market that can achieve a similar vibrating effect.
What are you attempting to do?
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
You can use a hand plane, or a random orbital sander for that. Belt sanders are a tad, innacurate?
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
well my dad has this tool its gmc therefor cheap but it has a round disc it isnt random tho but it kicks ass for everything maybe you should check it out
ya, i thought a belt sander was a little extream. though it may be fun to play with...hmm...

i was thinking a hand plainer, but that would take forever...maybe the orbital. i used one for a set of kayaks i built and it was so nice to use.

anything else?
thanks
eric
Using a plane wont take too long. You could always use and router and a jig or even just a flat sanding board.
OR, bare with me here, i know this sounds crazy... but MABEY, in some alternate universe, CRAZY......... you could you, god forbid! regular sand paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not as accurate, but sand paper + sanding block + elbow grease = job done...possibly not as accurate as it needs to be, but still done
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
Quote by dark manor
OR, bare with me here, i know this sounds crazy... but MABEY, in some alternate universe, CRAZY......... you could you, god forbid! regular sand paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmfao! ya i was thinking about that...but then i figured it would take to long, and i'm to damn lazy

the router and jig sounds like an interesting idea....maybe i'll try that. thanks everyone!
I used to use a hand plane to get it almost where I want it and then I use a sanding block to get it exactly right. After I got a belt sander I started using that instead of the hand plane but I still finished it off with a sanding block. It's like Algee said, a belt sander in not accurate enough to get a good joint.
Not taking any online orders.
speaking of belt sander anyone ever see the jackass with belt sander skates?

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.