Granted you had the right guitar and pickups, could you get their sound or close to their sound with the right distortion pedal? If so,which one? If i could get close to those sounds then this would be the PERFECT amp for me!
If you like the amp you'll like it even more with an expensive multi effects processor. I recommend the GNX3000- its got a metallica preset on their even (needs a little tweaking before perfect) and has a dime effect come to think of it. It makes the amp louder, tone clearer, and you can really use any guitar to make any kind of sound you want. Let me know if you have any questions.
Quote by ChicagoMetal
If you like the amp you'll like it even more with an expensive multi effects processor. I recommend the GNX3000- its got a metallica preset on their even (needs a little tweaking before perfect) and has a dime effect come to think of it. It makes the amp louder, tone clearer, and you can really use any guitar to make any kind of sound you want. Let me know if you have any questions.

Please never talk again.

Anyways, id go with a roland cube over the valvetronix series for metal.
The Cubes excel at metal, but can also do everything else good.

The valvetronix excel at everything else, but can also do metal ok./

You decide.
but is it possible to get metallica sounds out of the vox, because that would be the nail in the coffin. I have a digitech metal master pedal now, would that put me in range?
metallica yes, pantera no. it's not bright enough for pantera.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by gpderek09
metallica yes, pantera no. it's not bright enough for pantera.

Do you think anyone wanting a pantera tone has actually come close to it without getting piece by piece of gear?

It will sound fine for pantera, but it would be his tone. His tone sucked nuts.
no, it won't sound fine for pantera. believe me, it's high gain sounds are very dark, kinda muddy. it'll work for metallica. but it's not agressive enough to get close to dimes tone.

the 60 can though.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

ok now is there any pedals or effects to make the cube 60 sound better? In other words is their equipment to make the negatives of each amp better so that it can play both clean awesome, classic rock awesum, and heavy metal awesum?
Quote by gpderek09
no, it won't sound fine for pantera. believe me, it's high gain sounds are very dark, kinda muddy. it'll work for metallica. but it's not agressive enough to get close to dimes tone.

the 60 can though.

If you would drop the bass and mids, raise the treble, im quite sure it would work.

It doesnt have to sound just like him. Im pretty sure i played along with Dimmus super dark tone with my XXX and it worked fine.

Derek Smells

Quote by flexbuffchest
ok now is there any pedals or effects to make the cube 60 sound better? In other words is their equipment to make the negatives of each amp better so that it can play both clean awesome, classic rock awesum, and heavy metal awesum?

It should do classic rock just fine too, for nice cleans a chorus pedel would be a good option. Unless it already has chorus built in?
no, they're modeling amps. distortion pedals **** up the the pre-amps. they're disigned to take a regular guitar signal and model it to sound like the pre-set. if you distort that signal before it goes through the digital pre amp, it litteraly confuses it and sounds like ****.

ben, it had treble 10, midds 5, bass 4, and it was still dark.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

yeah its suppose to have chorus built in. Which brand would you rather have if both were all around perfect using pedals and what not?
^Yeah, but tha pedal soudbsn liek crap. Bassiclly do you play alot of stuff from country to 80's hard rock then Vox, if you play more higher gain stuff the Roland. It can do evertyhing good, but the Vox is better on a bit lwoer gain.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by gpderek09

ben, it had treble 10, midds 5, bass 4, and it was still dark.

Ew.

But yeah, im pretty sure that the classic rock would sound fine on the cube.

When i had mine the only thing that didnt sound super nice was the cleans.
now when we say classic rock what are sum bands we are talking about? Name at least 3 or 4
ac/dc, led zeppelin, sabbath (more hard rock, but it does that tone really well), zztop.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Iv heard the chorus on the cube isnt all that great so would a chorus pedal fix its clean channel so that it would be pretty damn good?