i've tried out both d'addario exl 110 and ernie ball slinky's for electric guitar... anyways, i'm really equal with these strings... and i'd just really like to stick to one brand so i'm gonna go with majority votes from guitarists on this one... which would u prefer??
d'addario all the way
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
i use Ernie Balls, i used to use D'Addariobut i prefer Ernie Ball
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom (black beauty)
Yamaha ERG-121C
Oakman acoustic
D'Addario. Ernie Ball's sound great for about a week, then its time for a change.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
ok d adderios are more bright and clear, id say better for technical players and stuff like that, ernie ball is good for like powerchords and rhythm styles and thick beefy sounds
dadarrio's but i'd rather have a nice set of elixir polywebs in there even more.
Gibson LesPaul Standard 1958 Custom Shop
Fender Stratocaster 70s Reissue
Charvel-Jackson Vintage Acoustic
Vox ac30
Quote by toogoodd
i have a feeling i won't get a clear decision from this thread lol

Try as many brands of strings then u can decide watever one suits u....my decision is probably Ernie ball 10's RPS...and if u want to knmow how many famous guitarists use them pm me
d'addario....i iahd club for d'addario for life but noone joined after like a month so it got scrapped.
Quote by Brandon860
hey man, any person with a Wayne's World avatar I have all the faith in the world in

Founder of the "Taco Bell > You" PM me to join.
Quote by Guitar Skater
ok d adderios are more bright and clear, id say better for technical players and stuff like that, ernie ball is good for like powerchords and rhythm styles and thick beefy sounds

i'd hafta disagree with u on the technical players part... john petrucci, steve vai, kirk hammett, etc... they all use ernie balls and they're as technical as ****
i havent used much other than Ernie balls and the Fender Bullets....didnt like the bullets but i LOVE Ernie Ball...Skinny Top Heavy Bottom all the way.

Try things out. Find your preference.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
ernie balls baby
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

i've tried out any brands and i've pretty much narrowed it down to ernieballs and d'addario but i'm just super stuck between those two so i'm gonna base it on guitarists opinions fender bullet strings?? i never heard of those... r any like guitar brand guitar strings good?? i've tried martins and gibsons... martins were good but the gibsons were kinda decent..
Quote by toogoodd
i've tried out any brands and i've pretty much narrowed it down to ernieballs and d'addario but i'm just super stuck between those two so i'm gonna base it on guitarists opinions fender bullet strings?? i never heard of those... r any like guitar brand guitar strings good?? i've tried martins and gibsons... martins were good but the gibsons were kinda decent..

Have you tried elixers or DRs?

If not, give those a try.
I probably cant afford elixers the guy said they were like over 15 dollars
The only ones i have tried are Ernie Ball tens and then i tried fender bullets and i didnt like them and then i got ernie ball nines and they were horrible...and rite now i have d'addario 9's....and Ernie ball tens just waiting for the other ones to break
Last edited by 6touch6of.evil6 at Jul 28, 2006,
GHS Mustaine Progressives 10-52 for the win!
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
DR's didnt really fit my ears... idk it just sounded dead and not so bright... as for elixirs, they sounded good and all but WAY too expensive. the sound doesn't evn equal to that price... only the durablity
ernie balls suck balls, I've used both and the ernie balls got grimey quick and wore out easily and they also snap after a while. I've used tons of d'addrio packs and never once snapped one, they sound newer for longer and are just plain more durable, sometimes I leave them on so long cause I forget I need new strings cause they never snap just eventually lose their tone. I've only used one pack of GHS' and they felt on par with the d'addrios.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
from my 6 years of playin guitar, i've nvr snapped a guitar string... only nylon strings have i broken
^well then you must not bend much at all and after 6 years you still havent decided on a brand of strings?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
dean markley blue steel 10's or 11's, depending on the guitar i use

but, i guess d'addario
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by giorgio1210
^well then you must not bend much at all and after 6 years you still havent decided on a brand of strings?

u don't evn know how i play the guitar... theres nothin wrong with not havin a decision after 6 years.. i was a ernie ball user for like 4 yrs (of course i've tried other brands on the process but i mainly stuck with ernie balls) anyways, after 4 yrs of playin i decided to give d'addario a try and of course i loved it... but i just couldn't decide between ernie balls and d'addario..
Quote by DunlopGuy
dean markley blue steel 10's or 11's, depending on the guitar i use

but, i guess d'addario

dean markley blue steel's tones r great but after like 1-2 weeks the strings start to corride and the tone dies out...
ive used ernie balls more at the begining of my career, they were okay, they rusted kinda quickly, now i use d'addaro and they do quite awesome. now im using them for my bass.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by toogoodd
u don't evn know how i play the guitar... theres nothin wrong with not havin a decision after 6 years.. i was a ernie ball user for like 4 yrs (of course i've tried other brands on the process but i mainly stuck with ernie balls) anyways, after 4 yrs of playin i decided to give d'addario a try and of course i loved it... but i just couldn't decide between ernie balls and d'addario..

ok, I just thought you would've tried out the different companys when you started playing or a bit after that.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
i love d'adderio strings. it's something about ernie ball that i dont like. idk
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
i used to use d addario 10 gauges, but i switched to ernie ball power slinkies (11 gauge) and they sound much better for longer, IMO. they are also just as easy to bend as the 10 gauge d addario's.
____________________ ___________________
..............................................I have epic fail.........................................

I used Ernie's for a year and a half. I tried D'Addario's and was hooked.

I could tell they lasted longer on the guitar, gave me better sustain, sounded better AND they have player's points
Quote by 6touch6of.evil6
go to www.ernieball.com and they'll tell u all the artists that use ernie balls..

If you're judging string quality by the list of players that play them then GHS takes it no question. Eric Johnson and Seymour Duncan both use GHS and they have some of the best ears in the business. Also there's Dave Mustaine, Zakk Wylde, SRV, etc.

I've never tried Ernie Balls but I have tried four other brands (Fender Super Bullets, DR, GHS and D'Addario). The Fender strings are terrible, they feel like elastic bands (could be because they were 9s though). DR strings were expensive and extremely disappointing, the tone was not that bright and they didn't play that well either. GHS were my strings of choice for a while. I played both Boomers and Nickel Rockers (10s) and never once broke a string. They're built to last and hold tune very well. Recently, I have been using D'Addarios. There's no single reason why I switched because GHS are really good too. But I buy D'Addarios in sets of 3 and save money and they have a cool colour system on the end of the strings so you don't get them mixed up.

If I were you I'd get the D'Addarios.
MIM Fender Strat
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Godin SD
Norman ST40
Yamaha CG-171S
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonebone Plexitube
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Maxon OD-9

Highway 1 Fender Strat