is this an easy job or would i need a pro to do this?? i have a les paul custom and i'm thinkin bout buyin those gold dunlop straplocks... and do u think its a "can do by urself" job to screw in the straplocks??
its a do it yourself job and when i was doing mine the straploks had nothing to screw into so if that happens which a lot of the times it does put toothpicks in the hole then screw it in and your good to roll.
Gibson LesPaul Standard 1958 Custom Shop
Fender Stratocaster 70s Reissue
Charvel-Jackson Vintage Acoustic
Vox ac30
Its not hard at all. You basicly unscrew the old strap buttons, and put the new screw in the old hole. If you mess anything up, just fill in the hole with some toothpicks and a little wood glue and try again.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Just make sure the screw are the right size. I end up drilling the hold a bit bigger and putting in a blue cap with it(filler, whatever ya call it) so it won't come out.
If you know how to work a screwdriver, you can install strap locks yourself.

ONce suggestion though - if you have a thick strap (as in multiple layers of leather where the button holes are), you may have trouble getting the Dunlop locks mounted to the strap. Schaller locks may be a better choice if that's the case.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
yeah its all to easy just chuck some no n nails or wood glue inthere ti make sureit doesnt com off

Chuck some locktight on the locks on ur guitar strap so they dont come undome in the middoe of a set
If you dont want to mess with that, theres these small plastic circle straplocks, that you just put on the strap button when the straps on there and twist it, so it locks the strap on. They work great, and held the Squiers strap on when we were doing guitar spins.
The problem with most straplocks is they come with too small of screws. Make sure theyre the same size, or they'll rip out at the worst time. It's best you use the straplock buttons with your original screws.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Schaller strap locks come with big honkin' screws. They shouldn't be a problem.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor