people say to boil your strings so just now(30 mins ago) i boiled my strings and when i placed it on my bass it was buzzing i dont know why?

please help.
I got 99 problems and they all bitches
maybe your confusing the new string twangyness and brightness with buzzing, and buzzing is clearer with new strings too. Just check your action, because sometimes things get messed up when you take strings off
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
to be honest I think his hair looked awesome long, and he was quite sextastic to be honest... I'd do him

haha, you'd do me....

The Tim Sawyer of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
nahh, he just meant youre action could be lower or higher than earlier because you left your strings off for an hour or watever, no biggie!.
I never tried that, I must one day, I been playing bass for about 4 years now and only changed my strings once!!

(Flea is Overrated, do I sense a slight liking of a certain Gainesville band called Less Than Jake?)
do not boil them! urban myth , come on think about it. Metal + water = rusting and corrosion!!! metal and water does not mix! but if some does do it and it works then pls PM me or post it! i would liek to hear what happens
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
i've boiled many sets, in my day. the heat from the strings, dries any excess water. rust has not been an issue. i have heard of people soaking them in denatured alcohol. as far as the buzz,
check your saddles. very often they get flipped over(upside-down), when the strings are off the bass. you may have to re-adjust you're action. no big deal.
i soak mine in denatured alcohol, it smells cool and makes your hands feel cool too. i havnt boiled, so i dont know what is better.

anyways, did you adjust anything while the strings were off the bass? (what kind of bass is it?)
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
i soak mine in denatured alcohol, it smells cool and makes your hands feel cool too. i havnt boiled, so i dont know what is better.

anyways, did you adjust anything while the strings were off the bass? (what kind of bass is it?)

Ibanez SRX 500
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
i've boiled many sets, in my day. the heat from the strings, dries any excess water. rust has not been an issue. i have heard of people soaking them in denatured alcohol. as far as the buzz,
check your saddles. very often they get flipped over(upside-down), when the strings are off the bass. you may have to re-adjust you're action. no big deal.

i dont get it its still buzzing and what do you by re-adjusting my action?
Quote by Fozzie3000
I never tried that, I must one day, I been playing bass for about 4 years now and only changed my strings once!!

(Flea is Overrated, do I sense a slight liking of a certain Gainesville band called Less Than Jake?)

do your strings not sound like utter garbage?
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
adjusting intonation, which includes truss rod, saddle in and out, saddle up and down, needs to be done seasonally. the change in humidity affects the wood on your guitar causing the neck to bow in either direction. so when you do these adjustments you bring the playability back to your liking. i set mine up to have a bit of fret buzz. the action is very low and playability is a fast neck. string boiling is fine. it cleans the oils left from your hands. i dont do it alot but it works good in a pinch. bassplayer: Toby1
In responce to Forcemaster, no, not really. Strings arent a huge part of my sound. My tone is very complex, dirrty strings doesnt make a blind difference at all. I do however get new strings for when I'm doing loads of recording or doing harmonics alot. My sound is all in the fingers, and the thumb, and on very small occasions, a pick!