yea i know you have seen these threads all over the place but anyway i need help finding the irght amp.ive got about $500 and i dont know what to get im kinda bent on gettin a line 6 spyder 2 hd 75 halfstack(do not tell me how much you hate them)i like the sound it gives from the insane channel.i was also considering maybe a fender fm 100 halfstack and maybe get a pedal for it.oh yea the guitar i have is a schecter c 1+.the style of music i play is hardcore kinda metal stuff i usually play stuff by norma jean,maylene and the sons of disaster,underoath...that kinda stuff oh yea i was also lookin at the guitar research halfstack its 60 watts and its a tube preamp and its like only $250-$300 and for that cheap i could get some pedals for it.
why halfstack? are you sure you want that or you just want a halfstack? coz they can be a pain to move around and a good combo can have more than enough power to blast your ears bloody.
do you play gigs and ****? i assume but anyway.
if you really like the sound of the spider 2 then hell, get it. myself i think its a load of rubbish but if you think differently, go for it. remember tho that you might like it now but then you once try some sweet tube combo and you'll regret what you bought.

im pretty sure a roland cube 60 would kick a spider 2s ass, (also a lot cheaper) so would a vox ad50vt or ad100vt. if you got lucky you could be able to find a used peavy xxx or something for that price.
also randall make good solid state amps which should suit your style pretty well (if solid states are what youre looking for)

and also the "tube preamp" is major bullsh*t
haha for some reason i cant see a vox puttin out that face pounding distortion lol maybe its cause its an amp my grandpa would play lol i dunno.
If you want a stack just to have a stack look at epiphones new 412 triggerman cab. It looks pretty awesome... don't know how it sounds but has to sound better than a behringer, marshall mg, or crate cab.

(But to tell you the truth... with only $500, if you are stuck on a stack you will not be getting a great tone from it)

I would have you look at the triggerman cab with your head...

The head could be the line6... its okay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But if I was in your position I would be looking for a tube combo and pedal rig.
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
Quote by talldude175
haha for some reason i cant see a vox puttin out that face pounding distortion lol maybe its cause its an amp my grandpa would play lol i dunno.
dude youve got some serious prejudice... why dont you just try it? the face pounding distortion you mentioned is a typical low end solid state distortion.
the vox would eat your spider any time

tubes are mostly around 2-3 times as loud. so you can easily play gigs with a 20-30 watt tube amp while a solid state wont. plus bad solid states start sounding ****ty when you psuh them past 3 (0-10 scale).

get a combo man... a lot better. a stack for 500$ will be low quality (unless you go used and get a killer deal)
im thinkin about it so what do you suggest...im lookin at the marhsall valvestate 50 watt which is like $400 or do you think id be better off with the vox ad100vt
Quote by talldude175
im thinkin about it so what do you suggest...im lookin at the marhsall valvestate 50 watt which is like $400 or do you think id be better off with the vox ad100vt

the vox should be good :P marshalls are only kickass if you get one of the tube models. the valvestates are told to be utter bull****. never tried one though.
Seriously, what makes the spider sound weak is not the design... but the cheap stereo speakers they put in. With a good cab the line 6 could do it.

Although, bravo stepping outside the box to consider the vox.

Good Luck
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
ive never tried a vox but do you think it would have enough distortion on it for what i play?plus is it even tube?
^ no, the vox isn't all-tube.

what's your budget for the amp + pedals?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i can spend $500 so i could get the vox ad100vt but no pedals.would it have enough distortion without a pedal?
does this thing have enough distortion on it to play hardcore stuff or am i gonna need a pedal?
^ well, i haven't tried the vox, but from what I hear, it might not. You'd need to try it though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok for 500 look on ebay for a used 5150 combo can usually pick them up for 500 and it will handle all your needs
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Hey man, ive got a Peavey Classic 50 for sale. It should come out to about 500 with shipping. It does metal well with an overdrive pedal out front. Ill even throw one in for you if you buy it.
You might want to just go with a Roland Cube 60. It'll give you the metal tone that you're after.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join