Ever see them jacksons with the emg-look-alike pick ups? what are they like? Im sure they aint very good, i was thinking about getting a jackson warrior with a set of thoes pick ups.

My question is, are they active? i dont know, I think if they were it would say some where so im guessing they aint. Is it easy to install active pick ups like a 81/60 combo by myself into a guitar without active pickups?? because thats what i would be doing.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
they arent active, there are some jacksons like that at my local store, a dick i was with saw it and shouted EMGs!!!! but not just at that, at EVERY guitar with pick-up covers, then when he saw one WITH active pick-ups he wasnt so amazed cos he wowed himself out XD anyway they arent active unless the have a little battery pack on the back
Jackson used to make active pickups that look just like that. They used to come in their USA Soloist models in the late 80s and early 90s. Not sure if / when they stopped making them. I think they sounded good, but not as good as EMGs.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
not true... you can power active pups externally
Gear
LTD EC-400AT
Strat copy
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-2
Mogami cables
i do believe they are active, or else there would most likely be open or atleast with screws on the top for the cover the jackson website says "CVR" pickups, so i'm not entirely sure, but my bets are on active. and no emg's aren't that much different from passives, you'd just need a 9 volt battery and a connector
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by seek_&_destroy
i do believe they are active, or else there would most likely be open or atleast with screws on the top for the cover the jackson website says "CVR" pickups, so i'm not entirely sure, but my bets are on active. and no emg's aren't that much different from passives, you'd just need a 9 volt battery and a connector

yes i know that. i was just wondering if it was harder to install or what ever.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
There are some exactly like it at the local guitar shop here and there is NO battery pack or anything on them, arent covers connected from the inside of the bevel?
thier not active. i got them on my gutiar. the neck pickup is kickass and ****, but if you play metal the bridge dosent have tight bass. it gets sludgy and i neve rhave gotten tight bass out of it. and the bridge has alot of treble or something. its always high. unless you can eq really good, then i guess its ok.

but if you buy the guitar, id change the pickups whenever you can
R.I.P. Dime
"Forever Shred On"
Quote by chums
thier not active. i got them on my gutiar. the neck pickup is kickass and ****, but if you play metal the bridge dosent have tight bass. it gets sludgy and i neve rhave gotten tight bass out of it. and the bridge has alot of treble or something. its always high. unless you can eq really good, then i guess its ok.

but if you buy the guitar, id change the pickups whenever you can

thanks man.
Quote by t.t deville