Ok, I would like to get myself a new guitar since my Epi les paul is terrible for intonation problems.

I would love to get a prs custom 24, but am afraid that down the line i might not like it.

I know it sounds a little silly, but somewhere down the line after buying guitars before i've come not to like them

I know to spend a lot of time with it in the shop before buying, but would you have any other suggestions on making sure a certain guitar is the 'one' for you?

Thanks
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Chavette by Charvel guitar (HSS)
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard
well there's nothing much else to do but to try it hundreds of times before you find exactly the guitar you need. What type of Music you playing? What amps/effects?
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
if you are not sure you will like it, get a custom made guitar by a luthier or warmoth with your exact specs , pickups, wood, i think its almost impossible for you not likin g your own custom guitar
its all about what type of music you play, thats what seek_&_destroy is getting at
Quote by Floyd1122
You're not only an idiot, you're cocky too. Shut up now.

Quote by wilty00
December 13th 2003 I believe... two days before I got my guitar for Christmas.

Quote by uncreative
i love when christmas is on december 15th

I've spent a good deal more on a guitar than that.

Trying it is the best way. Also compare it to as many guitars as you can in the
shop that are in the same price range.

Don't worry about it. It's not like you'll be getting a crap guitar. A PRS would hold
its value pretty well if you decided to sell it.
I play all kinds of musicwith my band.
Rock with piano. Its a good band like.

AS far a amps, I play through a Laney TF400.

Effects are flanger, chrous, delay, tremelo, wah wah.

Thanks
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard
Epiphone LPs are terrible for intonation? wtf.....??

Personally i dont think you should do it unless you REALLY know the guitar and are sure, i would only do it if i had played said guitar often and for long sessions, mabey at a freinds house, if you dont have that luxury dont so it, £2000 its a lot of money.
Quote by JerrySeinfeld
Epiphone LPs are terrible for intonation? wtf.....??

Personally i dont think you should do it unless you REALLY know the guitar and are sure, i would only do it if i had played said guitar often and for long sessions, mabey at a freinds house, if you dont have that luxury dont so it, £2000 its a lot of money.

I didn't say all Epi Les Pauls, I said my epi is terrialbe for intonation and its really fecking annoying.
I'm sitting here havin to play my spuier.

Ok, how much better would the PRS SE's be than the Epi les paul?
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard
i think you have to seriously know what you want out of a guitar with that price.
and you dont sound too certain, i mean you could get an amazing guitar for just under a grand with no intonation problems whatever, and high quality finishes etc
Could you make some suggestions as to those type of guitars?
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard
Quote by guitarmurder911
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Performer-Series-Flying-V-w-Floyd-Rose-Tremlo_W0QQitemZ280010963456QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33044QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
DUDE take a look at this **** this ushauly costs around $3000 american its on for 306 this is my ****ing dream guitar. its only $306 and id hate to see it only go for $306

Just want some business eh, I quite fancy it. But the Performer series suck. and $3000? are you getting raped in the ass? the American made Jacksons dont even cost that much.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
there is only a slight difference in the PRS SE and an epi, they are both the off brands of the real thing.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
you havent really specified what you want though...
ltd ec-1000 is a very good guitar for just about a grand. especially the version with jb pups. ive tested one and loved it. basically a les paul.

a fender usa strat, comes with noiseless pups... great guitar and wont cost you 2000 quid

specify what you want out of your guitar :P

but what im telling you is that very many guitars that cost 2000£ are overpriced, and you can get great stuff for a grand
Quote by Predator 182
I didn't say all Epi Les Pauls, I said my epi is terrialbe for intonation and its really fecking annoying.
I'm sitting here havin to play my spuier.

Ok, how much better would the PRS SE's be than the Epi les paul?

About roughly in the area of One hundred thousand times better. Getting a better guitar is the best feeling in the world if the guitar is perfect for you, esspecially if it is as nice as the potential price tag you laid on it. Take my word for it, if you love the PRS get it, and you will not regret it.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I've always heard good things about PRSs, cause they're really well made, and they're good for all genres, Santana plays one all the time, Opeth uses them, Alter Bridge, that's all of it, hard, blues, and rock in general, if I could afford it, I'd get the Custom 24.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Dudage
About roughly in the area of One hundred thousand times better. Getting a better guitar is the best feeling in the world if the guitar is perfect for you, esspecially if it is as nice as the potential price tag you laid on it. Take my word for it, if you love the PRS get it, and you will not regret it.

Actually, the PRS SE series is akin to the Epiphones. They're equal, it just depends what you like. As far as actual sound and such goes, what kind of music are you looking to play with this guitar? A PRS Custom 22 sounds different than the 24. The Standards are really nice, too. Same guitars as the Customs, except without the flame maple top.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by guitarmurder911
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Performer-Series-Flying-V-w-Floyd-Rose-Tremlo_W0QQitemZ280010963456QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33044QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
DUDE take a look at this **** this ushauly costs around $3000 american its on for 306 this is my ****ing dream guitar. its only $306 and id hate to see it only go for $306

lol, thats a performer series, good job spamming with ads.... That guitar's not worth the 306$ its at.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I agree with edg, if you don't like it, you could probably get over a thousand back on it if you sell it, probably closer to £1500.

but you better have a £3000 amp if you're going to blow that on a guitar...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Predator 182
Ok, I would like to get myself a new guitar since my Epi les paul is terrible for intonation problems.

I bet you don't have an intonation problem. You just haven't REALLY stretched your strings in yet. I suppose you have the most problem with the GBe strings right? Just take the string around in between the pickups, and act like you're trying to put a kink in the string, and keep doing that while moving it up the headstock.

I thought the nut on my epi lp custom had worn too much, or my bridge got messed up when I took the tailpiece and bridge off for cleaning, but when I actually took it in to GC, the guy totally pwned me. Yeah, it sucks, but I learn everything the hard way.

Long story short, don't go spendng $3000 on a new guitar just because you "think" the intonation keeps getting messed up on your current one.
I bet you don't have an intonation problem. You just haven't REALLY stretched your strings in yet. I suppose you have the most problem with the GBe strings right?

No, its actually the A string I'm having trouble with.
The tuner is indicating I move the saddle closer toward the neck, but it won't go any further, alas it can't be fixed.
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard