Is it possible to get some form of locking thingy for a strat to stop it going so hideously out of tune, I put 10's on my strat and adjusted the tension and it stays in tune for logner now but not as much.

I was thinking maybe some form of custom locking nut or some tuners?
You can actually get your Strat fitted for a Floyd Rose, I've seen it before.

But, I would get a locking nut and maybe another spring to go on it.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

eBay (click this)

You can also walk into your local guitar store and find one there.
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

u want locking tuners not a locking nut.

and strats will stay in tune for a long time, if u set up the bridge to be tighter.
(if the bridge is level)

to do this, u just need to flip it over and tighten the two screws in the trem cavity, and or, add springs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Ok, i dont get how locking tuners work, I get how locking nuts work, But not the tuners.

and about the scrwes, does that nto make it more dangerous to go far down with the tremolo arm?

(Im a bit of a tremolo noob to be honest)
Locking tuners just hold the tuning knobs in place so they don't adjust over time, or get knocked out of tune by hitting them.

Tightening the screws should just make it a little harder to depress the trem.
- FJ

nope, its not dangerous.

example of 2 screws and 5 springs. now thats a tight bridge.

and u just instal the new tuner. each one get a string zipped thru, and locked in place.
not hard. its an easier to put on than a new nut.

http://www.stewmac.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?client=53684a94c16f41e94df333c7fb7d659b&action=search&search_field=NB%3BNM%3BWORDS%3BSPECS&SEARCH_COMP=%3A&SEARCH_LOGIC=%2B&SEARCH_MAXHITS=10&SEARCH_SPEC=locking+tuners
u look at the specs to see which fits.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Ok so i just tightened the screws and it felt like when i depressed the trem ti was going to snap or something

Is it just me worrying or is it not good for strats?
the bridge should be level. unless its a higher end model.

im not saying to sink it into the body, just for u to tighten it up a bit, so u can stay in tune.
if its too tight for u, then loosen it again, but then ull run the risk of falling out of tune again.

its ur preference.
but keep in mind, lower end models really arent made for constant trem use. that's why God made floyds.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

im using an American made strat so i shouldnt be too wroried... but i think ive got it now, Ill get some locking tuners and that should probs help the tuning stability

thanks all.
^no problem. i see now its a highway 1.

i just didnt want u to snap a cheap trem bar trying to push a tight bridge.
good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Thats one good result of a Floyd Rose instalation. Very sexy.
My Gear-
Schecter 006 BlackJack
Ovation Tangent T357
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60
Boss NS-2, CE-5, DS-1
DiMarzio Pedal Couplers