do you need to have a pedal tuner or something to power a line of pedals with?
i dont want to buy another adapter for the new pedals im getting and i was wondering if i can just use one of my Boss adapters and buy a daisy chain or power chain (whatever they're called...) and use it to power all my pedals?
do i need a special adapter or pedal?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
yes you do. the regular adapters just give 9v of power, and much more voltage is needed for more pedals. so you need a special one.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
You shouldn't need another adapter. A daisy chain will connect to the original adapter and pedal about 5 pedals (depends on the draw of eah pedal too). Most pedal tuners have a plug for a daisy chain, so you can plug the adapter into the tuner and daisy chain out of another 9v output on the tuner.
oh so could i just buy a cheap behringer tuner and a daisy chain instead of a new adapter? because my current boss adapter has more than enough power for the pedals im getting
EDIT: oh, and if i use a pedal that has more power than the energy consumption of a pedal, will it fry it?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Last edited by danzig-_- at Jul 28, 2006,
Quote by Trapman870
yes you do. the regular adapters just give 9v of power, and much more voltage is needed for more pedals. so you need a special one.

I think you're wrong. Each pedal doesn't "suck up" the 9 volts. They draw some of the current (in milliamperes) and leave the rest.

The Boss DD-6 has a draw of 55 mA. If you have an adapter, for example a OneSpot, which has a maximum of 800 mA cuurent draw, you'd be able to power about 14 DD-6 pedals (if I understand everything correctly).
Quote by danzig-_-
oh so could i just buy a cheap behringer tuner and a daisy chain instead of a new adapter? because my current boss adapter has more than enough power for the pedals im getting
EDIT: oh, and if i use a pedal that has more power than the energy consumption of a pedal, will it fry it?

You don't NEED to buy a tuner to daisy chain (I'm not even sure the Behringer has that feature). You can daisy chain by just connecting the daist chain to your power suppy and hooking it up to the pedals.
oh oh i see thanks a lot this is definately going to save me money
i got confused when i saw a review of a tuner pedal and it says "can power up to 8 pedals at once" and i thought you needed one to do that....well thatnks for the help
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
yeah i was wrong, i actually found that out today in a store. sorry.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
By the way, thos adaptors won't work with wah pedals, they run on a different power class. Just a heads up.
^you sure? I remember using my adapter(reg 9V danelectro adapter) with my crybaby original and my morley pro series wah II
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
hay if your into power supply making try this

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=77&Itemid=106

but change the layout to this as you get closer to 9V output which you'll want when powering more pedals than 5...voltage drop starts to kick in then.

here's mine...i am waiting on a jameco.com order again because they sent me 500 220k 5% resistors instead of my new power outlets...

ps, use a minimum of a 2A transformer for this.

you don't need a pedal tuner to power more pedals...just a chain cord and a supply (plug for the wall, custom supply, or one pedal tuner)

now yes you can use a pedal tuner to power pedals but not all do that and do it well if i may add. Most pedals have an input for power only now all.

PS PS - match polarity and voltage..thats all youll need to do.

power supplys always put out the set voltage but the circuit will only draw the ammount of current (amps) needed so more voltage (anything above .6V) than recommended by the pedal and manual will determine the type of power you can use.

my dunlop power supply is 9.6 or close to that..my boss supply is 9V
both work in any 9V pedall...that .6 V is nothing to worry about
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 29, 2006,
Quote by giorgio1210
^you sure? I remember using my adapter(reg 9V danelectro adapter) with my crybaby original and my morley pro series wah II

Maybe its just my Weeping Demon....
Quote by MastaBassist10
Maybe its just my Weeping Demon....

lol that sounds about right
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Buy a DC-Bric by dunlop. Works great and very realible and wont add a bunch of noise like daisy chains.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube