alright, so i've been playing for over a year and i'm using a Behringer 15 wat amp right now, but i need more power so you can hear it in a gig
i'm looking at a Behringer GMX212 but i'm not quite sure yet
the guitar i'm using is a Schecter 006 Eliete
my band mostly plays hard rock/metal stuff, but we do a few things that are cleaner
my price range would be $300 or less becuase i have very little money
any input would be very helpful
thanks
lawlkyle
ive heard bad things about behringer, but if i were you i'd have a look at some crate amps. they give plenty of power and most dont sound half bad either. the distortion is only good for hard rock/metal though. but a good overdrive pedal can fix that.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Options

Line 6 Spider II,

Marshall MG50DFX,

Fender FM,

Roland Cube 60 (got to hold out and get the 60 to be heard over drummer etc...)

Behringers break often... I would shy away from them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever you do grab them off ebay.... save some money...

I would like to tell you to get a tube amp and add some pedals... but you would need like 500 for that. You could get a tube amp for 300 but it would get anywhere near as heavy as you want it.

Good Luck
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
Quote by GuitarMD
Options

Line 6 Spider II,

Marshall MG50DFX,

Fender FM,

Roland Cube 60 (got to hold out and get the 60 to be heard over drummer etc...)

I would look into all of the amps except for the Line 6 Spider II ! The other guitarist in my band has got one, and it sucks... Its just a bunch of lousy effects and imitations...Not good no matter what music you play.... except for techno maby.... im lucky that he uses a multipedal with it, wich sounds a bit better...

If its possible you should save up some more and get a good used tube amp, but if its not an option than look into something like a cube 60, a Vox (dont know so much about them though) or even an MG... just try some in your price range
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
Last edited by Sl4Sh_Jr. at Jul 28, 2006,
Ok, before you get stuck on bad advice I'd better clear some things up:

1) Line 6 Spyders are cheap and digital sounding. It isn't even worth wasting your time with.

2) Marshall MG's are even worse than Spyders. Everyone here who has one regrets it, so I suggest looking elsewhere.

3) I have a Fender Frontman, it was my first proper amp. It sucks....bad. It's better than an MG but it's about even with the Spyder. It sounds cheap and buzzy and the distortion sucks.

4) The Roland Cube 60 is the best suggestion you got. It's a great mid-sized SS amp. It'll get you heard over drums, and it'll get you some damn nice metal tones. It's 100x better than any of the other amps suggested. You'll be very happy if you check into it.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
i have a crate xt120. 120 watts for 300 bucks and 3 channels. I mean it sounds good for a 300 dollar solid state, i myslef don't love it, but it works well enough and i know some people who are into it.
Originally posted by XMetallica73X
i would love iran compared to this place trust me, they dont lie to you

^ FIELD TRIP TIME
Crate does have decent amps in that price range.
Gear:
Gibson les paul custom (black beauty)
Pickups: Emg 81/85 (zakk wylde set)
Bogner Ubershall