Theres quite a story behind this guitar my dad bought it off of some bankrupt guy who had it made customly and realesed a single using this for recording.

I was wonderwing how much its worth and what kind it is.

Inside i couldnt get a bright enough picture but it says Folk or something.

Thanks for any help
Theres an Antoria going up on ebay for 51 (bidding still) it has 9 bids already and the shipping is up at 74.
the pictures aren't the greatest.... but that certainly looks like a gibson dove copy
^-- yeah i disagree. his guitar looks like a DOVE copy not a hummingbird copy

edit: i can't believe this thread has survived the recent closing spree by bill
Quote by jimtaka
^-- yeah i disagree. his guitar looks like a DOVE copy not a hummingbird copy

edit: i can't believe this thread has survived the recent closing spree by bill

Why are you surprised? Its on topic and not against the rules.

While the doves at the bridge might fool you... read the review about the inlays and other matches to his guitar. I feel that I'm spot on with this one... but it wouldn't be the first time.... I've been wrong before.
Quote by Bill43
Why are you surprised? Its on topic and not against the rules.

While the doves at the bridge might fool you... read the review about the inlays and other matches to his guitar. I feel that I'm spot on with this one... but it wouldn't be the first time.... I've been wrong before.

i was just messing around about the thread staying open, bill. you had good reason to close the others.

as for this guitar, i still gotta stand by my opinion that it's a dove copy and not a hummingbird copy. i don't think that the doves at the bridge are "fooling" me, i think they are just one more good indicator that the guitar is in fact a dove copy. there is quite a large difference in the bridge of a dove and a hummingbird and this one is an exact (although cheap-looking) copy of the dove bridge. the pickgaurd is also an exact copy of the dove, not the hummingbird. the article you posted says the following about the pickgaurd: "Scratch guard is the exact Hummingbird type." the guitar in the pictures that the threadstarter posted certainly does not have the "exact" hummingbird pick gaurd. you mentioned that the inlays match the hummingbird guitar. while this is true, don't the dove and the humminbird have the same inlays on the fretboard (correct me if i'm wrong, but i think they are the same). i just really don't see this guitar as being a hummingbird copy, but as you said, i've also certainly been wrong before!

threadstarter: would you happen to know what the back and side woods of your guitar are? the dove has maple back and sides while the hummingbird has mohagony (once again, correct me if that isn't accurate, but i think it is).
That looks like a nice guitar. Why don't you get it fixed up a bit and see how it plays? Must be pretty nice if it's a custom made one, I wouldn't sell it.
High as tits
not saying that it's not a nice guitar (since i obviously haven't played it, i obviously don't know), but i don't think i would call this a "custom made" guitar
I have the same guitar although mine is in nicer condition, and seems more tanned than the one pictured. I absolutely love playing this guitar, i play it more than my other acoustics. This was given to me by a friend of my Dads. I know very little about this make of guitar, but it is DEFINATELY a dove copy.
I have an Antoria archtop acoustic guitar with a different logo to this. Can't seem to find any info online. Anyone recognise it? Would really appreciate any information about it. It seems like it might be 1950s.