I figure it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a good pedal tuner before I start gigging. Im on a pretty low budget, maybe 60 bucks max. The Planet Waves ones I saw looked pretty good, I need something rugged, I've seen tuners that look like they would fall apart if you stepped on them. And I want to be able to preserve as much tone as possible.
if you expand your money, i'd definetly suggest the Boss TU (i thing thats what it's name is)
Quote by Tom Martin

Jeez... if your house was on fire, what would you do? Phone the fire department, or go on UG and ask us what to do?
I just bought the Boss TU-2 tuner like 2 minutes ago off the internet. Its supposed to be good, and since its a boss im suspecting its going to be extremely rugged. The main reason i went Boss is because it can power your other boss pedals and i have another so thats handy. Im not sure if that affects you but....
Rig:
Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Red
Fender Highway One Strat w/ 2 Seymour Duncan Hot Rails & Dimarzio X2N

Boss SD-1
Boss TU-2
Traynor YCV50 Blue
It's chronomatic so it tells you the exact note that's being played(if thats what you meant)
Quote by Tom Martin

Jeez... if your house was on fire, what would you do? Phone the fire department, or go on UG and ask us what to do?
Quote by DispsablePuppet
So I was at the store the other day... and your all gay.

Aparntly the Behringer tuner pedal is just as good as the Boss tuner except that it's plastic not metal. It's alot cheaper too 40 AUD (dunno what that is in USD)
MY GEAR

Cort G200 Strat Copy
Epi SG Deluxe (hand-made)
Washburn Dreadnaught Acoustic
Behringer GMX210
Laney HCM10
Zoom GFX-707
Behringer UM100
Behringer TO800
Crybaby Wah
BOSS TU, I will vouche for that one...
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Boss TU-2 or the Planet Waves. Planet Waves seems more solid and it true bypass. Easier to see in my opinion. I got it because it was cheaper than the Boss and I am very happy with it.
I have the TU-2 and it is awesome but i am shortly gonna be upgrading to the KORG Rackmount so i suggest the TU-2 it is awesome
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by mack_attack_17
The main reason i went Boss is because it can power your other boss pedals and i have another so thats handy. Im not sure if that affects you but....

Sorry to let you down, but it can't. All it does is act as a large daisy chain.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by Ernieball

PT100, i have it and am really happy with it....no settings to change..just plug in and play..really fast and easy
Quote by Ernieball

Was gonna suggest that one as well. Been using one for the past year now and it's a great little pedal - rugged, and very accurate tuning.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
The fender tuning pedals are great. I don't have a PT-100...I actually forget the exact model, but its held up for years and is a very reliable pedal. I bought it new for $40. Honestly one of the best values I have ever gotten.