Hey all, im thinking on buying my first way pedal and i was wondering if you folks at UG could help me? Im looking to spend around £70 on one, right now i am thinking of the Morley: Pwo Power Wah or the Jim Dunlop Crybaby wah, Im not sure on which one is the best. Oh and if it helps i mainly play metal music, mostly Pantera. I was thinking about Dime's wah but its too expensive.
Cheers Cjb Scotland
It'd probably be worth it to save up some more money instead, The Standard crybaby has a bad reputation (Unless you mod it) and I haven't heard good things about the cheaper Morleys
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Weeping Demon
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
The Crybaby from hell is supposed to be great, same with the 535Q. The Vox V847 is popular too, though it seems to be more vintage voiced than the Crybaby's. From Morley, there's the Steve Vai Signatures (Bad Horsie I and II) And the Mark Tremonti signature. Though I've heard it said that Morleys tend to have less of 'Wah' sound than others and are more of a boost for solos and lead parts. I can't back that up, I've never palyed one, but I just thought I'd pass it along. It would probably be a good idea to try and play one for yourself.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join