hey guys, I'm just wondering if you have days when you just can't seem to fit everything together and feel sloppy. LIke last night i felt great bnt today I just can't seem to find my rhythm. thanks.
Yep - some days I'm on fucking fire some days my hands are numb and I feel retarded. If I'm having a bad day I simply don't play until I feel better.

When I started out, I'd keep going if things weren't going right in the pursuit of being back in the zone, but all it did was frustrate me and then down goes the confidence.
If ever I dont get enough sleep I will be as sloppy as hell. Which irritates me so I have to relax a bit.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
oh yes, if any guitarist says they haven't then they're just lying

one day i'll just start off in the zone, usually raise my maximum speed up a few nps...next day i'll just be horribly sloppy
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
yeah, i have em, everyone has em. I can tell you had one, as you forgot to type "have"
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

I've noticed this much. After not playing guitar for a while, I pick up a guitar and play and I'll get used to it and not have the same bad habits as before. I don't know, but yes, I take some days off sometimes.
Taking days off is probably the best thing you can do, atleast it is for me.

I won't play for maybe 2 days, but then I'll get that urge to play. I'll pick up my guitar and its just like a flurry of new ideas and you just feel so fresh and creative.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.
some days you just can't play worth **** and others you can rip.
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by FenderWh0re
Taking days off is probably the best thing you can do, atleast it is for me.

I won't play for maybe 2 days, but then I'll get that urge to play. I'll pick up my guitar and its just like a flurry of new ideas and you just feel so fresh and creative.

I totally agree. Some days I just dont feel the inspiration so I dont pick up one of my guitars and other days I cant pry myself away from them to go work.
Taking a couple days off sometimes is a really good idea, because it gives you time to refresh your thoughts and approach to playing, so that when you come back, it won't feel stale. After a break, I usually am very productive. There are plenty of days where it just doesn't come like it should and that's when you have to go find something else to do for awhile and come back to it later.
I'm having a day off today, because of injury more than lack of motivation though. I do have days when I'm really forcing it out and getting worse as a result so I just step away, and sit down at the piano.

Another instrument to alternate to can be very beneficial on these days, you will get a fresh outlook on the music you are playing or writing!!1!!one!!!eleven!!!11!!!1....sorry thats the first and last time I will do that.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
yeah, today, wasnt exactly my day as far as playing good.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Everyone does. I hate those days!
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
everyone has off days. when i have off days and licks and phrases just dont come in together, i'll just jam along to my favorite cd's and do something to keep my chops up.
Quote by axe_grinder247
one day i'll just start off in the zone, usually raise my maximum speed up a few nps...

Nps, not bpm?

Just make sure you've got a healthy body and mind.. That's my way to minimalize the suckiness of offdays
Quote by elvenkindje
Nps, not bpm?

Just make sure you've got a healthy body and mind.. That's my way to minimalize the suckiness of offdays

maybe a few is exaggerative, but there are days when my wrist and such feel looser and more limber than usual, even after strectching...on these days i can speed up my tremolo picking and alternate quite noticeably...the days where my wrist is painful or "tight" is moslty from sleeping the wrong way
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Last edited by axe_grinder247 at Jul 29, 2006,
Normaly ill have offdays after playing or practising for hours and find it helps you reliven your creativness.
yup. yesterday was suck day lol. the day before i was awesome. today i was ok. i havent been getting enough sleep though so that might be it.
I've had about two weeks off, I've just started my holidays and I feel really tired and also I need to focus on getting a job etc.

Next week I'll get myself into gear and get back on it though.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
i found out i play sloppier in pajamas, i hope that helps
Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.

Tom Stoppard
Today I'm having an off day. It sucks I played this mornign for an hour and I was doing good last night, I pushed myself faster than I've ever played, with a metrenome. This morning I got up, took a shower, stretched my fingers and arms, and I warmed up and was ready to get going where I left off last night and I was so horrible. Now I have a horrible headache.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $