Page 1 of 2
So after a few people talked to me about this, i was asked to make a thread encompassing the idea of a Bass Podcast done by UG'ers here, and this thread encompasses all organizational aspects of it. We need volounteers, suggestions, and anything you can offer! This thread will be updated (hopefully this first post too) as we go along.

First things first: We need suggestions on what to include in the first episode. So far we're thinking: a lesson or two, some tips and tricks, and maybe a segment on a particular UG bassist.

We also are in dire need of volounteers! Off the top of my head i guess we need:
A) A place to host our podcasts / Someone to upload them

B) People to send in footage (a LOT of these needed)

Please only volounteer if you are SERIOUS, dont drop out after 2 weeks with a "im going on vacation/computers broken/ no time" excuse.

If you think we need other people to do some other job that i missed, please tell, and/or if you can volounteer for something i didnt list but you think should be added.

So for now, suggestiosn and volounteers not only welcome, but highly suggested

inky, if you could sticky please
I might be able to do some editing for it. I also think for the 1st episode I think you should address FAQ and maybe a how to on making a "Bass String Cleaning Tube" / "How do I bowl my strings"

I think this show shouldn?t be combined to "Pimping my Bass", although that would be a nice segment during the show. I think it should be like the bass version of the infamous "Steel This Video" with lessons, how tos, and all around bass pimping. Heck, even do reviews on Amps, effects, and basses. I think this is a great idea that needs to happen.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
you think? i KNOW its a great idea that needs to happen We just need volounteers.

Oh, and im guessin this is going to be video.. if anyone asks lol. And please dont spam this up with posts if its NOT a suggestion or volounteering. keep that to like pm's if you can. We want this thread nice and organized so we can do a first episode ASAP. I want this to be done in under 2 weeks, and once/if we do a first episode, we'll see where to go from there.
Stickied...

I'm in, check your PMs.

And I don't think it should be about just modding basses. It should be about every aspect of bass playing. I think each week we should take threads and answer some questions.

And video is a little more difficult for a lot of users to do. Audio would be much easier for me, and a lot of the UGer's here have some kind of background experience with audio (or at least I would hope so).

A few rules in this thread:
I will delete any none related posts, or posts that just need to go.
Only post in here if you are serious.

For those of you who do not know, a podcast is an audio file that is released weekley, monthly, every 2 days, whatever. It is much like a newspaper. Each podcast covers a different topic and can be downloaded.

A vidcast is essentially a video podcast.
THIS IS NOT GOING TO BECOME ANOTHER BASSWARS

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
An idea for the first episode could be customizing (sp?) on a tight budget. not every one can change the pickups from one day to another. And you can also squeeze tips for the newcomers to bass.
remeber manga, what kind of screw ups did you did when you were starting? Like show people how to slap, practice, double thump(this is important, a lot of people need to know, including me), scales, the basics. Like half pimping and half steal this video bass type like beleuchtung said.
Last edited by watchingmefall at Jul 28, 2006,
*Idea*

Perhaps whoever is doing the rig of the month could do an audio review of their rig with sound clips etc. as a section within the podcast....?

EDIT: I'm in...I can do audio, video (to a degree) and could do some *basic* lessons if you wanted
Last edited by fake_sk8r182 at Jul 28, 2006,
i could do some audio FAQs like answer some of those threads we get all the time
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
Stickied...

I'm in, check your PMs.

And I don't think it should be about just modding basses. It should be about every aspect of bass playing. I think each week we should take threads and answer some questions.

And video is a little more difficult for a lot of users to do. Audio would be much easier for me, and a lot of the UGer's here have some kind of background experience with audio (or at least I would hope so).

A few rules in this thread:
I will delete any none related posts, or posts that just need to go.
Only post in here if you are serious.

For those of you who do not know, a podcast is an audio file that is released weekley, monthly, every 2 days, whatever. It is much like a newspaper. Each podcast covers a different topic and can be downloaded.

A vidcast is essentially a video podcast.

I think we should do it 50/50 beacuse their are some things that have to be shown expecally when it comes to modding a bass.

I think also, if possable, we should have a weekly drum track posted. I don't know how many times i've wanted somthing new to jam with but dont have the time to make one myself.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

PM NightmareXT To Join!

Last edited by Beleuchtung at Jul 28, 2006,
i'd like emails or xfires here if you want me to contact you.

We are still discussing what to do with Audio Vs Video, we'll probly do both, in a way we'll discuss later lol.

and the "Pimp My Bass" title was merely a funny phrase in another thread, it wasnt meant to suggest a modding show, tho we can still encompass bass mods.

Also: with lessons/articles, which do you guys want us to focus on ? beginner things? intermediate? advanced? maybe rotate through the 3 every episode, starting with beginner??

For now, i think we need DETAILED responses on what each person can contribute, so respond with something like :

"Hi im Paul, i want to volounteer my time to do videos on gear reviews, leaning towards bass amps, my xfire is mangablade" (for eg.)
POLL: Would you rather have Inky do a review on:

A) his Big Muff

B) his SR505

C) his GK Head

D) Not do a gear review in the podcast.
B and C please...
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
Quote by pink chili
B and C please...

Same here.

I?m not that great of a basest, but I can and will help with all the behind the seens stuff. Like organizing things, finding lessons, answering questions, and help putting this all together.

I?m willing to do a lesson from a script, i.e. someone would like to give a lesson but has no way to upload audio/video but id only be able to do it up to an intermittent level.

If you need my help, drop me a line on AIM (xbeleuchtungx), or e-mail me at NIB_2880@yahoo.com. Also feel free to PM me anytime.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry

PM NightmareXT To Join!

Quote by mangablade
POLL: Would you rather have Inky do a review on:

A) his Big Muff

B) his SR505

C) his GK Head

D) Not do a gear review in the podcast.

I'm pretty sure everyone and their mother on this here bass forum knows about the Ibanez SR50x series and how great they are ...but seriously seeing as how you, me, Inky and Metal are always talking about ours, most people do have a good idea of what they;re like...but sure, it would be a good reference, and i thought Inky was going to do a Bass of the month on his 505...but what do i know...

I'd rather see reviews on effects and amps/cabs, but thats just me.

<EDIT> Although, a video review of the bass would be much more than average reviews which explain in words the feel, sound, action, etc of the istrument...the video review would allow you to hear and see the instrument in action, so yea I think reviews of basses on the podcast will be great...maybe you can fit a bass and amp review into one clip...just a thought.
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Jul 28, 2006,
I think we are doing audio... i don't know how to work a video camera

I'm kind of leaning toward the Muff since there has been a lot of hype about them around here.

Maybe one that encompasses all 3?
I got no job
I got no car
but im in a band:-)

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Peavy transtube 112 bandit -
hello fellas, i am in. I will glady do a beginner scales and exercises audio file for the first pod cast if you want. no video, only audio though
sounds like a good idea but being realistic, only a monthly audio podcast would ever come into fruition.

video is way too much effort
"Rape is no laughing matter... Unless your raping a clown" t-shirt hell
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE

lol, thats a good goal.

Depending on what you guys plan to do, im buying a Line 6 BassPod Xt Live on monday, I could get a hold of a camera that records video, take it to my jam room and record some stuff on how it works and stuff like that.

I also like the idea of having the BOTM or user of the month, or rig of the month (whatever it is) person to make a video and contribute to it, that you make it so much better.
Well im at a friends house, but im gonna do a quick update:

About the video/audio, im thinking we should just have it audio, and then whenever someone outright volounteers to do some video, we could have that, and maybe put it alongside our thing, or in the only vid/pics thread. just a thought.

ill be back at my house later today.
I was thinking about what website would host those large files... I was thinking maybe Dmusic, but I'm not sure if there is a filesize restriction. I could also try to request a UG column that we could post it up on, much like "Steal This Video" for guitar players.

Right now I'm leaning towards doing the Muff.

i told you to choose which one to do, but you asked for a poll, NOW youre telling me you wanna do the mufff ?

whatever, its your choice
I was looking at the poll results, and most people said either the Muff...

well just make sure to do it through your sr505

you can delete our posts after my "quick update" 5 mins ago if you want.
Umm.. the thing is im not too sure how the coloumns work and all that, so if you'd be willing to take care of the coloumn while i do this part, be my guest sorry lol.
I'm with manga, make sure you do it through your SR505, lol. I'm so sorry i can't volunteer, because I don't have a mic, or a video camera. Nor the software to support either. But honestly, if there's anything i can do to help, PM me or something.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
if you guys promised to send something in, please have it done soon.. i was afraid this would happen, that i havent really got anyone keeping me updated how their part is going
I think the problem is organization. I don't even know who else is actually doing anything.

unfortunately, pink chili seems the only one other than us 2 really into it... belechtung too but i havnt heard from him...
yea i have barely any information about what i am doing.. i don't know who is helping... it would be nice if we could organize a little better
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
Hmmm... would it be better if we waited till after summer so that we could guarantee no one would pop out for vacationing???
It's up to you... its your podcast! Also, when school starts, a lot more people will do anything to get away from homework

lol thats what im thinking.

beside...

im going to Europe in 5 days

Go Poland

you can still post in this thread if you have a suggestion ,or you want to do a piece, just we wont put it into an episode until after summer most likely.. unless the situation changes lol.
dude, im totaly doing a video for you, its going to be on my bass pod xt live.

And i think that after the summer is a better idea, because i cant get my webcam to reach 2 floors down into my jam room (where my huge ass amp is) and im buying a laptop, so ill have better programs to record stuff on
Fender Jazz -> Line 6 Bass Podxt Live -> SWR Working Man

I know you like it
Sorry I haven't said anything, just got outta the hospital with severe dehydration, But I can do audio recordings, and Maybe video's not sure yet. Tell me when you need me and what you need from me so I can get started.
Page 1 of 2