hey guys, im wiring a strat from scratch, and i need a diagram, but cannot find one

im going HSS X2N (bridge) fast track (middle) and Chopper(neck) all dimarzio. with a 5 way. 2 volume, one tone.

im finding 1 volume, 2 tones, but not the other way around.
can anyone help?
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
m well- i think it you moce the cap around it will fix it- but then that brings the problem wat pups do you want to which volume? i think it would be better to have 1volume, 1 tone, and a dummy knob if you have ahole- or maybe a distortion or soemthing??

idk- im not a fan of 2 volumes, idk why
moce????

i would like for the X2n to have its own volume, and then the singles to share a volume. then tone overall,

if i dummy it, i could do a killswitch, that would be cool, or a pick holder thing.

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
moce????

i would like for the X2n to have its own volume, and then the singles to share a volume. then tone overall,

if i dummy it, i could do a killswitch, that would be cool, or a pick holder thing.

For the dummy you could use the existing pot unwired for a pick holder. Most knurled pots are split shaft anyways so there's a place to hold your pick.
Quote by tubadude
I would like for the X2n to have its own volume, and then the singles to share a volume. then tone overall
It's quite possible, I can think of a way, the only downside is that in position 4 (bridge and middle), both volumes will be in use, ofcourse, but they won't be able to work independently for their own pickups. Each will act like a master.

Edit: And that goes a little something like this.

These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Jul 28, 2006,
alright, cool. and what is the capitance (sp?) on that cap on the tone pot?

Quote by steven seagull
and for the pots, 500's on the hum volume and tone, and a 250 on the single volume?

or the other way around?

Quote by steven seagull
Again, preference. Use 500k for the humbucker. And whatever you want for "single" volume and tone. Keep in mind that the singles are just single sized humbuckers anyway, but if you want them to sound slightly warmer, use 250k.
These go to eleven...
alright, thanks for the diagram.

Quote by steven seagull
hey guys, ive decided to change the wiring, ( thanks for the diagram JimPlaysGuitar, i appreciate it)i decided to do a killswitch, one vol, one tone. since dimarzio does not provide diagrams, could i use a SD one and go by that? or do i need to find one for dimarzio?

Quote by steven seagull
Use a SD one, but don't use the same colors. I'll convert, SD to DiMarzio...

[u]Duncan                      DiMarzio  [/u]
                 |
Black            |      Red
Red and White    |      Black and White
Green and Bare   |      Green and Bare
These go to eleven...
alright, thanks again.

Quote by steven seagull