I did a search to see what people thought about it, and i've seen mixed results. The reviews on Musiciansfriend are all above 9. I have the Vox AD30VT amp, which is nice, but im looking for many types of good distortion, not just the couple of tones I like on my Vox. I'd be using it with my wah pedal and maybe an EQ pedal.

I found it on ebay for $90, the sale price is $160. This a good deal? Should I go for it?
no. unless you plan on using a different amp.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by gpderek09
no. unless you plan on using a different amp.

What do you mean?
the vox is a modeling amp, which basically means it has a computer for a pre-amp. that computer is disigned to take a regular guitar signal and model it after a pre-set sound.

now, the distortion pedal your looking at is a distortion modeler. so, it's computer takes the sound and models it. but because the characteristic of the tone have changed (or, clipped), the signal comming into the vox pre-amp isn't what it was designed to take. so it will litteraly confuse it.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

So what type of overdrive/distortion pedal should I be looking at to get a Classic Rock and Hard Rock/Metal tone?
well, the vox does classic rock and hard rock great. and some metal tones. what settings have you tried?
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

I've tried all of the amp types, and messed with the knobs. What amp types should I use for Classic Rock? I can get some good metal tones, I just cant really find anything really good for Zeppelin and stuff.
So if I shouldn't get a distortion/overdrive pedal now, should I get a Delay or something instead? What else should I get now that I have Wah, and that im maybe getting an EQ pedal?
well the vox has the effects built in. so you don't need any outside pedals.

and eq would help, yeah.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

The delay on the Vox is lacking. The only thing you can do is set the speed, and change it from loud to soft. I want to be able to change the speed, delay time, and volume of the delay.
then yeah, a delay won't mess with it.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

flange.

phaser and chorus would give it a little trouble. bit it'd probably be alright.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Check Valvetronix.net for some good settings. There are a ton of great settings on that site. I find some and then tweak them a little bit to make it mine. I got a great RHCP tone and then I just fool around with it a bit, add some gain and wah-lah, I have a great tone.
basically, yes.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565