Ok...so I was gonna replace my input jack today but it was too big and now i've decided that i'm just going to buy some new humbuckers and pots and stuff to upgrade me guitar. The guitar is an Epi SG Special and I was looking into buying a set of EMG 81 and 85's , any suggestions on something else would be cool. Would it really be worth replacing all the pots or is that something I should wait awhile to look into? Thanks.
"Life ends so fast, so take your chance, and make it last."
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
Last edited by HermanForce at Jul 28, 2006,
Dude I wouldnt waste your money.You would be better off buying a new guitar that upgrapde that one.With the wood that its built out of its not worth it.But hey thats my opinion.
Originally Posted by RideTheAnger13
Getting a spider II for a gift is like getting coal for christmas. Whoever is getting that for you obviously doesn't like you.
But its better fixing it to up be just as good as a $500 guitar for $200 then buying a whole new one.
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
^ Not if its crap wood, besides any epi special just sucks even if you do upgrade it.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
yea, i guess so. I was looking at this LTD M-100FM at the shop and it was on sale for $190 and it looked really nice, I was thinkingabout putting it on layaway.
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
Don't go for the LTD-100 series as they are usually agathis with crap trems (if any, I think the M series have LFRs). Save up for the 400/1000 series, that's your best bet. LTD make some of the best guitars for the money. You should try looking into used Ibanez RG 5xx and up, you will not regret buying one of those.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
if you want cheap guitar and wanna still put emg's into them look at the ibanez rg321mh since the mahogany body will surely compliment the emg pickups
just get an ibanez man. dude there are so many out there, not just brand new fresh out of the factory stuff, but also some second hand models. im sure there are stuff on sale like on ebay or whatever. im sure guitarists take care of their guitars, like an ibanez, like me.