How would I get this tuning {F Bb Eb Ab C C) My tuner only does standered and stepdowns marked by halfs.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Remember that notes go like this, A, A#, B, C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G# and back to A. Its all in half steps. So if you want to tune the low E to C, you gotta fret the 2nd fret and see your tuner, it should indicate D. Do this on all strings using the concept.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
so do you wnat trhat F to be higher in pitch or lower in pithc than the standard E?
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
i bleave its higher. Someone told me to put a capo over the first fret but its still not right. Its standered Placebo tuning.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
First put your first finger on the first feet of the 5th(A) string, then stretch your pinky to the 5th Fret on the E string then tune it it by ear(and do this only rsiing E's Pitch) that'll make your First String F when played open.

Then put your finger on the 4th fret of the Now F string, tune it

Put your finger on the 5th fret of the String that is now Bb and tune the D string

and then your finger on the 5th fret of the now Eb string, and tune your G string..

then the 4th fret on Ab to make your B string C then either leave them both open and tune the top one to the same note or go to your twlefth fret so its an octave highe rbut the same not

i think that will get them right....

oh ant it took so long cause well i had to figure it out for myself....
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
Last edited by Good Riddance at Jul 28, 2006,
Uptuning the standard E to F have slight chance of snapping the string if you're not careful/not proper gauge. And answering your question, fret the 2nd fret on your low E string, your tuner should show you G.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic