I learned this chord from Lawrence Juber, a guitarist who played with Paul McCartney in Wings:

On guitar: 075870

It is the James Bond "kill" chord--when Bond's adversary dies on screen, this is the chord that sounds. It is used in the N64 game Goldeneye for the death knell when playing multiplayer deathmatch.

On bass, you can play it too, but you need a high C string to make it sound right:

E A D G C
0 19 17 20 18 <--what fret to finger

It takes a while for me to sound the chord because of my fat fingers, but it is definitely the James Bond 007 "kill" chord.

Learn it! Amaze your friends! Incorporate it into a song somehow or as a gimmick onstage when something goes wrong...

Baddap Baddah...... Clang!!
Jaco de Lucia.

The Zen of Duh: How low can you go? Zero Hertz. That's the lowest anyone can go. Just turn off your bass amp and not play.

Q-tuner PUs (0X0 configuration) and HG Thor Labs for the best fretless bass tone. MWAH FACTOR!!!
Oh I'm sure someone will recognize it. It's a sheer novelty of a chord--practically useless for most applications, but on bass it sounds really cool. Guitarist busted a string?? Whip out the chord on bass and sound its death...CLANGGG!
Jaco de Lucia.

The Zen of Duh: How low can you go? Zero Hertz. That's the lowest anyone can go. Just turn off your bass amp and not play.

Q-tuner PUs (0X0 configuration) and HG Thor Labs for the best fretless bass tone. MWAH FACTOR!!!

thats pretty awesome..

I remember that game, I still have it actually, its a bitchin fun game to play!...I knew what "kill chord" you were talking about before I opened up the thread!...I can also play most of the theme song on bass and guitar too...Now i can complete it!

*runs to room to play guitar*
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Quote by XeNoCiDe730

thats pretty awesome..

I remember that game, I still have it actually, its a bitchin fun game to play!...I knew what "kill chord" you were talking about before I opened up the thread!...I can also play most of the theme song on bass and guitar too...Now i can complete it!

Yeah!!! Enjoy!!!
Jaco de Lucia.

007 goldeneye ownd all other n64 games AND most of the games coming out today. R.I.P 14 pixles per sq inch...we will miss you
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
EGADDD!!!!

It's So dissonant its consonant!!

but really, great find on the chord

Would you call it an Em b2 dimished 3rd?
Quote by mangablade
EGADDD!!!!

It's So dissonant its consonant!!

but really, great find on the chord

Would you call it an Em b2 dimished 3rd?

no...

A diminished third would never appear in a minor chord. You would name it after its compound interval, such as a minor third appearing in a major chord is called a #9.

Emadd9-8 is what I'd call it, but when you have a major 7 over a minor triad there's really no proper name for it.
Although naming it after Eb might work, I think it'd just be ****ty to call it Eb-9-10. or something.

But you would never call anything an Em diminished 3rd...
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Hmm...I don't remember what that sounds like exactly, i'll have to check it out

I know this is another '007 chord' though

e---
B-7-
G-8-
D-9-
A-10
E---
Quote by UtBDan
no...

A diminished third would never appear in a minor chord. You would name it after its compound interval, such as a minor third appearing in a major chord is called a #9.

Emadd9-8 is what I'd call it, but when you have a major 7 over a minor triad there's really no proper name for it.
Although naming it after Eb might work, I think it'd just be ****ty to call it Eb-9-10. or something.

But you would never call anything an Em diminished 3rd...

I thought he was kidding..am I wrong here?

I too am buying a 6 string just to play that one chord

Ok I'm a liar. But still, good find.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
dude..today i had just decided to play the 007 theme song... this just made my day.. amazing... it will go down in the "goodies" section with the sad, funny "wa wa wa waaaaaaa" and the mario theme song.
When Lawrence Juber showed me the chord, it was in a small venue called The Little Fox up on the SF peninsula. He said he knew it because of Paul McCartney's affiliation with the Bond stuff (Live and Let Die). It was funny though--he played something really lilting, like "Blackbird" for his encore, and he threw that chord at the end. It was great.

I'm glad people are getting a kick out of it. It is authentic, from a guy who learned it from the guy who used to score the Bond films! On bass, it sounds even better.

"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to DIE!"
Jaco de Lucia.

My 6 string FTW. Can't wait to try the kill chord.

I wish I had known about it this morning, my guitarist actually broke a string today
haha
Quote by falcon!!!
I have perfect dark for n64
I think it rocks more

Anyway thanks for the riff

Ocarina of Time ftw
Quote by GiantRaven
Pfft. Super Smash Bros was king of N64 games

and Link was king of Super Smash Brothers.
Im gonna have to hand it to the Zelda series on this one guys

ive beaten a lot of zelda games in my time lol.

YAY LETS LIST THEM !!!:

ocarina of time
majora's mask
windwaker (ok maybe im like 80% but the triforce maps are boring lol)
Four Swords
Oracle of seasons
Oracle of Ages
The first one though i dont know its name
The one where he shrinks.. Minnish cap i think?

I think nintendo makes FUNNER games than microsoft and sony. that opinion will never change lol. unless Zelda, Metroid, and Super Smash Bros. move to another consolo (but they wont)
friendly reminder: we do warn for spam in this forum. I don't mind a joke or something, but to have 5 posts about videogames.. off topic spam, no? I would've warned everyone if not for manga already have one warning, and I wasn't going to ban him for that. And Im not going to treat peopl inequally. Unequally? I know its inequality but... unevenly. There's a better word. Anyways.

Don't. Spam like that again. Or next time I won't be afraid to click the button.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!