I am looking for a new amp. I play mostly classic rock. Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Cream, and some new crunchy rock like wolfmother and jet. Now I have a Fender Frontman 25r and its time for an upgrade.

My Choices are:
Fender Stage 1600
Fender Cyber Twin SE
Fender Custom Vibrolux
Fender 65 Reverb
VOX AC-30

Definitely a lot of choices but I was hoping you could help me narrow it down. Thanks
marshalls are kind of out of my price range, plus if i was going to get a marshall i would want a stack and they are more expensive.
Take out the Stage 160, not a tube amp. I personally would go with the Twin, but the Vibrolux, Twin, and AC-30 are all great. I don't like the cyber twin.
Get an old type of Marshall, that'll suit you great, like a Blues Breaker (1962) and get an overdrive pedal for it, or crank it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
My peavey classic 50 is for sale for 440 if you are interested.
naa im not rele into peavey. I like classic amps. R_H_C_P, where could i find a classic Marshall like a blues breaker?
Im really into that Marshall Blues Breaker, though it would take a while to get the money for it. But im sure i could find one on ebay. Regardless, I am still open for suggestions.
My peavey can easily get the tone of classic artists, its a classic sounding amp. Its not high gain or anything.
Last edited by dog123 at Jul 30, 2006,
Quote by dondude
naa im not rele into peavey. I like classic amps. R_H_C_P, where could i find a classic Marshall like a blues breaker?

There's a few Peaveys that are made to be classic amps, like Classic 30's and 50's, and Delta Blues and so on.

You can find Marshall Blues Breakers anywhere really, but they'll probably be more expensive in the USA than the UK, but they're great amps, you can find them on eBay too. Try one out.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Hmmm. I saw an original mint condition 78' Marshall "Plexi" on ebay last week for $1100. If you're willing to go used then you could probably find something like that. Other than that, I'd go with the Vox AC30CC. They're great little combos.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join