so i walked into the music shop today and they had somewhat of a new look. they got a few new marshalls in, but what really changed was that they finally got ibanez's in (they just became an "authorized dealer"). one caught my eye. it was an sa420 or something along those lines. it had a mohagany body, flame maple top, awsome neck, h-s-s pickups that had an @ssload of sustain, duo-sound humbucker, and a trem. i played it for awhile and i was really impressed. great feel, sustain, and a nice sound.

so now i must ask anyone who has/had one, how do they hold up overall? can they take a beating from hard playing? how do they stay in tune, minus the divebombing which holds? are there any cons that come with the guitar?

An HSS pickup config would indicate that you saw an SA160/260 or SAS36.

I find them to be a nice all-around guitar, the trem will not tolerate a lot of abuse, like any non-locking bridge, but it holds up fine to non-extreme bends and doing soft vibratos. I used to be in a market for one, but got a very different HSS instead... I did however try a lot of them all over the model range.

Generally, the SA models are comfortable and good looking, but I occasionally pick up a quality control reject. If you're planning to buy one, try it extensively before handing your money over. Look for cosmetic imperfections, misalignments, and make sure the electronics aren't compromised. That happens. Otherwise, they're versatile and put together in a very solid way, barring any QC issues.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
okay i think it was the 260. i tried out a few different guitars with numbers flying all around. you said you got a whole different h-s-s configuration. what guitar are you talking about?

Quote by JamesKid3
okay i think it was the 260. i tried out a few different guitars with numbers flying all around. you said you got a whole different h-s-s configuration. what guitar are you talking about?

Oh, the red cutiepie in my signature
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!