I'm having trouble getting pinch harmonics without making the string before it sound when i take my thumb out. Any help with this?
Dickless.
Use a rotation method (there's a picking guide in another forum that had the 3 basic moves, translation, rotation, oscillation). Instead of moving your hand down, rotate it so the index/thumb go down and the palm goes up. That's how I do my pinch harmonics.
i guess you could try to turn your hand out more as soon as you hit the string. so your pinky would be facing out more.

i hope that helps haha
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

Use side of your thumb, no need to remove your thumb, just use it to mute all the top strings, EA and D coz thats the one making all the noises. Just like Marty Friedman does when he mute his strings.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Use side of your thumb, no need to remove your thumb, just use it to mute all the top strings, EA and D coz thats the one making all the noises. Just like Marty Friedman does when he mute his strings.

alright, I'll try that, thanks. BTW, I like the avatar
Dickless.
I use the rotation method as stated above and it's always worked for me. You might give it a try along with any other style you're wanting to try out.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by MetalMilitia212
alright, I'll try that, thanks. BTW, I like the avatar

thx
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jul 28, 2006,