So I'm looking to get a Jackson JS30RR but would it be worth the time and money to upgrade the pickups to EMG 85s and to probably get a different bridge (any recomendations??)

Thanks for your help
The Walking Dead
Quote by thelonelywaffle
So I'm looking to get a Jackson JS30RR but would it be worth the time and money to upgrade the pickups to EMG 85s and to probably get a different bridge (any recomendations??)

Thanks for your help

It wouldn't be if you could spend that amount of money to buy an upgraded version.
What kind of pickups would you recomend for metal thrash kind of stuff. I want something with good sustain and a high gain sound.
The Walking Dead
The money spent upgrading your JS330RR could be spent on a better Jackson Warrior, it's not worth it.

Since you are putting EMGS, I assume you are going for metal, alder isn't that suited for metal unless you are in a 12 person insane metal hardcore band and you want to cut through.
Hmm, mahagony is better for emgs right? I got a question, so alder dosent really suited for metal but why Jackson guitars are mostly made of alder? Aren't Jackson guitars are known as great metal axe? Just wondering.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
alder is good for metal, but just not when you try to use pickups designed for mahogany in it (ie emgs)

i think alder sounds really good, gives a bright, clear/articulate sound IMO some people may disagree. to get the heavier bass end you just need to use pickups that are inteded more for alder like evos or something

and to the thread starter instead of getting a j series RR and putting emgs just get an RR5 you'll be FAR better off
Yah, alder has very bright sound Actually thats the first thing i've noticed when i got my dk2. Compare to my friend's yamaha egr-112 it sounds alot more brighter.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Jacksons's higher end models are made of maho and their way of building stuff makes it metal, like full maho bodyies, EMG pickups etc.

They also set their stock pickups (when not EMGS) to have lots of metal qualities, like the EQ setting.

Alder is bright, thin and piercing if done right, so if you are in a big hardcore band and want to stick out, that's your choice.

Jackson's lower end to mid end guitars are alder, their higher ends are suited for metal, although i very much prefer ibanez/.