Poll: Would you sacrifice your life for a 10 % chance of the little girl living?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you sacrifice your life for a 10 % chance of the little girl living?
I'd sacrifice my life.
27 23%
I'd walk away.
90 77%
Voters: 117.
Page 1 of 2
Well, i just came out of another thread, and it got rather heated. Im an idiot i know, so if you wanna say that, just spare yourselves the trouble, and shut the **** up.

Blah blah.

Anyway, if you had the choice of letting a 2 year old baby girl die, or you could wager your life on her living. However, the stakes are pretty low. If you do wager, you have a 10 percent chance of saving the little girls life. You die, no matter what the outcome of her life. Or, you can just walk away, the little girl dies. Its not painful, she just quitly sleeps in, but she's dead.

Would you let the girl die? Or would you give your life to the 10 % chance of the little girl going on to live?

You've got a 10 cards lain out infront of you, face down. One is blue, the rest are red. Blue means she lives. The rest you can figure out for yourself.

Remember, if you agree to this wager, you die anyway.

Edit: Oh, and if she lives, you're guaranteered that she will live for at least another 20 years. As a bonus.

Edit2: No, the only one who'll suck your dick, is the guy who're killing the baby girl. But he will do it regardless of the outcome, even after you're dead.
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Last edited by refgerto at Jul 28, 2006,
Are you trying to kill me?

EDIT: If you're not, then I would sacrifice my life for the child.
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

I'd let her die. I mean, chances are if you bet your life on her living you'll both die. Why should both of you? If there were a 90% chance, that's a different story.
You will find me as cute as your favourite nephew
Until I break your knees with a baseball bat
You will find me so kind, I'll be someone you like
Until I brush your teeth with a razorblade
I'd walk away.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.
Walk away. Like someone above said, no need to get two people killed when you can save one of them.
I'd walk away. Then again, I never really go anywhere in the first place, so I'm not particularly likely to run into the baby gamble situation anyway.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I'd let her die.

More people would be sad if both of us died, or even just me, than if she did. I know more people, have more friends, other such things. Plus, I hate kids.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
well, who's to say they'll let either of you go?

edit: nevermind

but still, who's to say they'll let you walk out?
i can make 10 little girls if i live (maybe more)

so i walk
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
you know how bad it feels to let some 1 die (kill them) if you walked away you would jsut feel incredibly bad. I have the luxury of not knowing how that feels but many soldiers have to live with the guilt of knowing they have taken a human life and that human can never get it back because you yourself took the action to take it. Im not on any side although i did choose sacrifice cause i know i wouldnt be able to live with myself after.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
ive heard something like that before except it was something like
you have two choices
if you open 'x' door you will be eaten by a tiger and your love will be with your enemy or someone else and if you open 'y' door your love will be eaten by a tiger
Quote by justinhawkins
depends. what does her mom look like, and will she blow me before i die?

Yeah, give us an answer for this
I'd walk.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by _Mayday_
No one can possibly answer this honestly. The situation is too far-fetched.

noooo have you ever seen saw
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
How did you come up with this? What was the thread?
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
I've been reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead (or: The Great Book of Natural Liberation Through Understanding the In Between) and it seems that if you let her die, she would just come back. A different body, family, personality, maybe sex, and life, but the essence still comes right back. When blossoms in the spring disapear, are the ones next year the same or are they different? The answer is they are the same and they are different. Apparently in the ultimate reality, duality and paradox is reconciled so that sentence would make sense. So let her die, she'll be fine. Your guilty concsience might give itself a hellish after death experience though, as long as you remember the horrifying things you see are from your own mind you will be fine.
Id probably end up walking away, but I would be to conflicted to make an immediate choice I guess.
Member # 2 of the Kiss Sucks and Has Too Much **** They Hock as Merchindise Club Pm DoTheEvolution to join.
The most likely outcome of picking a card is the death of 2 people, walking away has a 100% chance of saving a life, picking a card has a 10% chance of saving a life. I'd walk away.
Quote by DaliLama
I've been reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead (or: The Great Book of Natural Liberation Through Understanding the In Between) and it seems that if you let her die, she would just come back. A different body, family, personality, maybe sex, and life, but the essence still comes right back. When blossoms in the spring disapear, are the ones next year the same or are they different? The answer is they are the same and they are different. Apparently in the ultimate reality, duality and paradox is reconciled so that sentence would make sense. So let her die, she'll be fine. Your guilty concsience might give itself a hellish after death experience though, as long as you remember the horrifying things you see are from your own mind you will be fine.

But if its all the same, why don't you just die yourself? It doesn't matter in the long run, after all. Doublestandards?

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
right now i'd probably gamble
"No one ? and I repeat, no one ? has ever died for a flag. See, a flag ... is just a piece of cloth. They may have died for freedom, which is also the freedom to burn the f*ckin' flag, see. That's freedom." - Bill Hicks
Well I'm not saying that it's the way to go, but if you were to save yourself, yada yada. But yeah, I shouldn't have said it like that
it seems like selfishness, but in no part is it selfishness, a 2 year old baby girl could be the next ghandi/hitler...

...honestly, who wants another ghandi?

i'd definately walk away.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Haha who wants another Gandhi? That's hilarious.............you are.......kidding?
Refgerto, you realize nobody agrees with you right? You're losing the argument on 3 seperate threads now.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I voted to sacrifice my life, but I would only do it if it was a little sister or a daughter of mine.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by crash_course
ive heard something like that before except it was something like
you have two choices
if you open 'x' door you will be eaten by a tiger and your love will be with your enemy or someone else and if you open 'y' door your love will be eaten by a tiger

Yeah, I know what you're talking about, though it's a bit different. It was this one short story I read in 8th grade English. I think what happened was the guy had a lover, but became madly in love with another woman, which got his lover furious. In the end, I think he was punished for having a relationship with his lover (I don't know who she was, maybe a gypsy). His punishment is that he is told to choose between two doors, one with the tiger behind it, one with the woman he admirers. Somehow, his lover found out which door held what, and devised a signal so that she could tell him which door to pick from in the audience. The trick here is that you don't know if she told him to pick the tiger, because she hated the idea of him being with another woman, or the door with the woman because she loved him so much that she would rather see him with someone else than watch him die. You never know what is behind the door she chooses, though. The author wanted the reader to decide.

As for the thread starters question, although I have no idea what I would do if I actually was in that situation, but in a hypothetical situation like this, I would say that I would walk away. In the big scheme of things, either way, you would be making one death certain. If you choose to gamble though, you're adding another possible (and likely) death. So, in conclusion:
Walking = 1 death
Gambling = 1 death + probable second death
I noticed you increased the chances from 1% to 10%, too
Quote by MedicreDemon
Refgerto, you realize nobody agrees with you right? You're losing the argument on 3 seperate threads now.

Does it look like i care? The majority isn't always right by default, you realize that don't you? This ins't an argument, mother****er, this is a poll. So **** off, retard.

One day, someone will make a thread like this on super advanced galaxy spanning internets, and the poll results will be directly opposite. Mark my words. If not, humanity is doomed anyway. Fool.

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Quote by guywithguitar

I noticed you increased the chances from 1% to 10%, too

Hehe, had to make the choice more difficult for ya Not difficult enough appearantly

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
So whoever put me in this situation I think I would stab in the eyeballs.

I noticed that wasn't a choice though
i wouldn't. i'm a teenager, i've been in education for well over 10 years to do something with my live. if i were to kill myself to save a baby that hasn't had to do that yet then i would've spent all that time and effort (or lack of ) for nothing. maybe if they were older but when you're 2 you know absolutly nothing. also, you wouldn't be ass missed by people because far far fewer people would actually know you.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Sticky Tissue: King of Threads.

Seriously, 99% of your threads are awesome.

O0o__l _ l
_\_______)

give 'em a lick... you know you want to

Champion of the 2005 UG paints competition
I'd walk away.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by refgerto
Hehe, had to make the choice more difficult for ya Not difficult enough appearantly

Maybe a good question (albeit a wordy one) would be "If there was a chance of you saving the life of a 2 year old girl, but you had to sacrifice your own life in order to get that chance, how high would the percent chance of her living have to be for you to agree to sacrifice your life for her? Or would you let her die regardless?"

*prays for someone to understand that*
Page 1 of 2