Does anybody know the what the dive and pull-up range on the Ibanez ZR trem (found on the S series) is like? Thanks!
It's good. Slightly less than Edge, but it's good enough unless you like to go all-out on pulling up. The action on my S470 is slightly higher than on my S540, and I can get nearly the same pitch raise out of both trems.

Having said that, ZR doesn't make divebombs and harmonic squeals complicated, but those might feel slightly different, not in a bad way. ZR has consistent resistance through the whole range, while an FR bridge is more loose at the extremes.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Here, you save 13 cents.

Actually, you'll save around $60. Axemusic won't charge you PST, while LAMusic will. And Axemusic is just an outright awesome bunch of people. So there ya go.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Well the action is really smooth, although the range is not all the impressive, it's really good and you should get the S520.
ZRs are very reliable and have different feel from normal floyd rose, like said, coz it uses ball bearings instead. If you want to see it, there're plenty of videos througout youtube.com if you search under Herman Li (he uses S-Prestige, same ZR trem). You can even find him doing an interview with Ibanez in the Ibanez USA site.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
ZRs are very reliable and have different feel from normal floyd rose, like said, coz it uses ball bearings instead. If you want to see it, there're plenty of videos througout youtube.com if you search under Herman Li (he uses S-Prestige, same ZR trem). You can even find him doing an interview with Ibanez in the Ibanez USA site.

On alot of videos, I see him using an S series with an OFR or an Edge, not a ZR.
Heh, I do all the tricks he does with my vintage trem made of cheap metal, I even lift it like hell and shake it to its death, still alive.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Well now I have a good idea of the range (GOOD!).

Plus, your avatar kicks ass.

thx
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Wow, at least now i know that it'll be good to trem about on the S470DXQM I'll be getting, I thought ZRs wouldnt be too good, turns out i was wrong lol