I found a used ESP EX-400 at a local guitar shop for $575. With the active EMG's killer looks and light weight, I was wondering if its a good deal. No idea how old it is, but plays well. its a Korean made though. I like to play metal and have a Peavey XXX to play thru.

thanks

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
Yea, 2006 LTDs most of it are from Korea, not sure that urs are 2006 model though. $575 is a good deal, but you never know what had happened to it before coz normal price is around $600+. I'd suggest you really try it out, keep ur eyes huge and see if there're any dings or chips and if its suitable to your liking.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
it had a few deep scratches at the back. other than that it was pretty good. It desperately needed a wipe-down with a clean cloth. lol

I was anyway asking for feedback on the UG forum about putting active EMG's on my Ibanez RG350DX. But then someone pointed out to the fact that the other electronics like the pots also need to be changed. Which meant a lot of work. Better to buy one with them pups already installed.

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

Not that all the work on assembling the EMGs really matter, its the body that counts whether you'll have good tone or not. Most EMGs are well suited and fitted into Mahogany or Alder bodied guitars, for clear and dark tone properties. It wont sound the same on basswood and might not be very good for it too but if you like it, nothing can stop you.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^ you bringup a very good point. I'll consider your suggestion. Thanks.

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus