I have a Epi SG G400 and I wanted to upgrade to some EMG, a Humbucker and a Single coil one. So far the 81 sounds promising to me, I'm still a bit clueless on which humbucker to get. Also, can anyone give me a short explaination of a site about passive and active pickup? does it matter? thanks
it truely depends on what your playing style is... 81 is great for leads... 85 is a higher output humbucker than the 81... 89 can be coil tapped... 60 is good for metal... its honestly about personal opinion... im getting 85/60 setup in mine... as for single coil... id go EMG S Series... but thats just me... http://www.emgpickups.com... it speaks of all differences between Active and Passive... and you can view all EMG pickups and pickup sets...

Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
The G-400 has a single coil??? Most combos in the bridge/neck are 81/85, 81/81, 81/60. I would get the 81/60 but that's just me.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Threadstarter....the 81 is a humbucker....that would mean you need a singlecoil.....

do you mean that you wouldnt need a single coil? just asking.

also, no, the G400 does NOT have a single coil... unless its a crazy model ive never seen... and im a gear wh0re... so id know if there was one... and there is not one to my knowledge... not sure of why he wants a single coil?
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
yus he could... but how would it be able to fit in the gap? is it possible to use a humbucking pickup ring and screw a s-c into it?
Quote by die_kenny_die
Hmmm from what I've read, can't i use the 89 as a single and dual coil? I like the sound of a single coil but I don't have the money to buy a new guitar.
^^^yes, the 89 is coil-tappable... meaning that it can be switched from humbucker to single coil with the push/pull of a switch... and the cool thing about the 89 is that it has TWO pickups in it... both a humbucker and a single coil... so its basically switching pickups rather than splitting a humbucker like normal...
Quote by die_kenny_die
the 89 blows though IMO the coil tap sux 81/60 is by far the best combo EMG makes
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join