Page 1 of 2
Okay, so I have a Jay Turser Vinatge Series Strat copy and a Starsun Electric w/Lic. Floyd.

So my Jay Turser sounds liek CRAP! Now, ou would think, use your Strasun, BUT THAT PISSES ME OFF TOO! The FLoyd sucks! The Locking Nut doens't even Lock! And the 'buckers suck! DOn't get me wrong, the body is built to last forever, but the hardware sucks! My mom doens't understand how screwed I am right now, I got a few gigs coming up and got no good guitar! HELP! My mom is clueless about guitars so she thinks I'm just lying and saying that it's prefectly good. Any help? OH yeah, I tried finding a job to pay for my guitar but no luck. PLEAS HELP!

Thanks in Advance

P.S. Now burn me...
You could change the pickups to your preference and get a different bridge.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
You could tell your mom You could trade it in and get some money off Your new guitar, And be like "What could you loose?" Or Sell it on ebay and be all "Mom I gots money NOW!!!" ok maybe not the last one,
If you're not old enough, mature enough and responsible enough to pay for these things yourself, you aint ready to take the stage.

Training bra has to come off sometime junior, I've met 13 year old more resourceful than you.
fat strat and a vox advt15 or 30

its a great great uprade.

tell her your gear is th rock bottom and its hard to play and enjoy and you would really like to spend your money and make an investment in some quality practice gear that will last
Well Just Take it to a local Guitar store/shop And have your mom ask the guy how crappy your guitar really is (according to you)
Hm. I wonder if you did get that new guitar if that one would "sound like crap" too.
A while back all I had was a real cheap guitar. Probably cheaper than anything
you'd find in any starter pack. I don't recall ever blaming the guitar for sounding
like crap and there was surely crap to be heard.
I ****en live in Canada and in an area that doens't hire much people! It's hard to even find a job that's minimum wage for adults!
Quote by hckfrk38
That'll will cost as much as a new guitar, my budget is around $500 probably

My ass! I know better than that... I could probably fix the damn thing. Sorry, but I do know how to find a deal on ebay. I could put in a nice ORIGINAL Floyd, and get you some better p-ups. I mean goooood ones. Most likely EMG's or DiMarzios. That's what I've got.

Here's a tip. Let me talk to your momma, and I'll set her ass straight. I know better.
It took me a year of playing to get a good guitar. That was my Mexi-Strat. Now, less than a year later, I have a mucho grande rockin' Ibanez. I sooooooo love that guitar.
Now, if you want her to let you get another guitar, send her to me. I'll show her.
I'm a hobbyist luthier, and I know my **** man.

Sorry about your problem though. Sucks to be you.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
I have carpal tunnel, caused by profuse masturbation.
gawd, that's gonna get sigged...

Jesus for president, king, emperor, vice president, chairman, prime minister...ect. PM Cashewchaching to join the campaign. or just sig it.
Quote by edg
Hm. I wonder if you did get that new guitar if that one would "sound like crap" too.
A while back all I had was a real cheap guitar. Probably cheaper than anything
you'd find in any starter pack. I don't recall ever blaming the guitar for sounding
like crap and there was surely crap to be heard.

Even my guitar teacher played it and he's like "I can't take this sound anymore!"
why not sell both of those and add that to your $500 and get something like a schecter C-1 plus . At my local store they had one for $849. Or you could get one of these which end up at about $600 with shipping and stuff. Im saving up for the PS-924WE. But that flamed top slim neck LP looks pretty sick to. I dont know I guess it depeds on how much you'd get for your guitars. where'd you buy em? steves?L&M?

EDIT:
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
If you have a budget, what's the problem then?!?!?!

Go buy a new guitar!

$500 would get you a new bridge and pups

not in canada buddy
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by hckfrk38
^yeah, but the FLoyd is pissing me off! I'm afraid of Floyds now!

Dude... Original floyds and some of the high-end licensed ones are grrreat!
no fear. Just be afraid of the really you-know-whatty ones... By the way, since when can you say F*** on here, but they censor S***?
Quote by ColdNovembeRain

Jesus for president, king, emperor, vice president, chairman, prime minister...ect. PM Cashewchaching to join the campaign. or just sig it.
Quote by giorgio1210
not in canada buddy

I'm waiting for the day (if it ever comes) for the USD to be cheaper than the CAD. Life would be perfect...
I would suggest getting a job and offering to meet your mom halfway or more on a guitar you really wanted.
Quote by ToBeAGooner
I would suggest getting a job and offering to meet your mom halfway or more on a guitar you really wanted.

I've been looking for a job all summer! Even KFC and MCdonalds in my are aren't hiring!
Quote by hckfrk38
I'm waiting for the day (if it ever comes) for the USD to be cheaper than the CAD. Life would be perfect...

Cold day in hell man.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain

Quote by hckfrk38
I've been looking for a job all summer! Even KFC and MCdonalds in my are aren't hiring!

Boo hoo! I have abotu $2000 worth of computer stuff that I need to invest in, and I'm broke. So you sound bad at a gig. Booooo-frickin'-hoooooooo!
That's not gonna kill you...
Quote by ColdNovembeRain

tell your mom that if you get a new guitar, you will actually do good at gigs, then get more gigs due to your good performance, and the guitar will pay for itself.

steal the money?

sell your guitars and get a halfway decent guitar?

sit on a street corner and ask people for change?

steal your mom's money?

"accidentally" break your guitar, say you have a gig coming up and absolutely NEED a guitar or you are screwed and will never find another gig.
Quote by hckfrk38

same here man. And I havent heard of cosmos, im in oakville though, the only toronto music store i've been to is steves cause I had a china town trip and me and some friends ditched and went to steves lol. and I got hired at price chopper(grocery store) and I applied at mcdonalds and they called me back but price chopper had already hired me. what you gotta do is call back to make sure theyre lookin at your application dont think your pushing it cause thats what I thought and here I am workin towards that PRS copy
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
tell your mom that if you get a new guitar, you will actually do good at gigs, then get more gigs due to your good performance, and the guitar will pay for itself.

steal the money?

sell your guitars and get a halfway decent guitar?

sit on a street corner and ask people for change?

steal your mom's money?

"accidentally" break your guitar, say you have a gig coming up and absolutely NEED a guitar or you are screwed and will never find another gig.

^lol^
The real hard part is, she doesn't want me getting into music, but that's like my life. Having band every single day can tell you how much I love music.
hey , holy crap for a second I thought your profile said march, but were still both born on the 27 in 91. where are you playing anyways, a friends house? pub? my bands only had one gig so far cause our drummers parents are friends with the owner of a pub in burlington called the black bull, its right by L&M burlington. we havent tried to get anymore gigs cause our bassists in switzerland. and im just wondering did they say you could wear any colour shoe instead of jut black at whatever school your going to?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
alright, alright.... here we go..

tell your mom this.. "alright mom, listen up. i live for music... now i know you dont like me playing music all the time, you think i will waste my life, it will get me nowhere, strung out in a back alley spinning in circles scratching my face, saying "WHERE'S MY GUITAR!??? WHERES MY GUITAR??!!!" but its not like that... im gonna BE something! and if not, i still wanna BE something! so i need a good guitar! listen, mom! im growing up! im getting ready to grow wings and fly away! now that new guitar, is my set of wings! and your money, is like a regurgitated worm that will nourish me enough to let me fly away! SO GIVE ME THE DAMN MONEY SO I CAN FLY AWAY!!!!!
^lol im not sure moms want their sons flying away
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct

tell your mom this.. "alright mom, listen up. i live for music... now i know you dont like me playing music all the time, you think i will waste my life, it will get me nowhere, strung out in a back alley spinning in circles scratching my face, saying "WHERE'S MY GUITAR!??? WHERES MY GUITAR??!!!" but its not like that... im gonna BE something! and if not, i still wanna BE something! so i need a good guitar! listen, mom! im growing up! im getting ready to grow wings and fly away! now that new guitar, is my set of wings! and your money, is like a regurgitated worm that will nourish me enough to let me fly away! SO GIVE ME THE DAMN MONEY SO I CAN FLY AWAY!!!!!

Good one! I might just use it!
Quote by giorgio1210
hey , holy crap for a second I thought your profile said march, but were still both born on the 27 in 91. where are you playing anyways, a friends house? pub? my bands only had one gig so far cause our drummers parents are friends with the owner of a pub in burlington called the black bull, its right by L&M burlington. we havent tried to get anymore gigs cause our bassists in switzerland. and im just wondering did they say you could wear any colour shoe instead of jut black at whatever school your going to?

I get gigs at malls and events, and we can wear anything thing to school (as long as it's not offensive)
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct

Thats Funny
but after you give her that whole speech, finish it off with a "but remember, ill always be your little bird... and sometimes i might... come back to the nest! because i want to see you! and i know you'll always have some regurgitated worm at home for me to keep me flying....cuz if you dont..!!!
Quote by hckfrk38
I get gigs at malls and events, and we can wear anything thing to school (as long as it's not offensive)

cool, and oh are you at a public school? cause yeah im pretty sure the public schools dont follow the same rules as the catholic ones
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Page 1 of 2