I bought a Jackson Dinky with a licensed Floyd Rose a couple a little while ago, and about a month ago I took it to get the Floyd Rose set up correctly (I had put 10s on it when it had 9s originally, and I didnt realize that it was a big deal since it was my first time changing strings on a Floyd Rose). The tension was fixed, along with getting the intonation set and action lowered. Now, my problem is that the tension was set up for standard, so would tuning the low E string to D change the tension enough for me to have tuning problems? Or would a 1 step change not make enough of a difference? Since its fine right now, I dont want to throw it off to the point where I have to take it in again and spend another $50.
it should be alright, it will probably lower the back of the bridge a little but nothing to the point of where u couldnt do it yourself. i set my floyd up for drop c on my own, just look online and at the floyd site, theres plenty of setup instructions.
It will make quite some difference and you gotta set up again.

Here is an option:
Set your fine tuners all the way in when for standard, then when you want to tune to Drop D, then use the fine tuners.
^ if that doesnt work, its just simply adjusting the spring at the back, re-tuning, probably re-intonating, nothing much, just time consuming work. You SHOULD by now know how to properly tune a floyd rose, intonate it, adjusting and customizing it coz you WILL waste tons of cash just by taking it to a store for a setup, they'll rip you off big time, trust me.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yea, the music stores here in Hong kong charge 10 USD to change the strings for you, and only change the strings.
Quote by Invictious
Yea, the music stores here in Hong kong charge 10 USD to change the strings for you, and only change the strings.

the stupid tomlee music
Kahler anyone ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by stephen201
the stupid tomlee music

Hahah, yea, people are stupid, what's worse is that you have to include your own strings too.