Alright, I'm going into Sam Ash music in Westminister, California. It's a huge store. Apparently they have every model of the Ibanez RG Prestige Series.

Anyways, I'm going to get a new guitar soon. I currently have a Schecter C-1 Classic (pic).

I only need one guitar to practice on, because I'm not pro yet, so I have been thinking about making some trades.

I got my Schecter for $700.00 in last November with a case and cable included. In May, a strap button hole got stripped, so Schecter sent me a new Classic, 2006 model (slightly better inlay than 2005). I'm hoping Sam Ash will give me at least $600 credit for it.

I thought about using Ebay, but I never bought anything online before, and this doesn't seem like a good time to get ripped off.

1. Get $500 - $600 credit to an Ibanez RG1570

2. Make a complete trade for a Fender Delux Players Stratocaster

OR...

a Highway One Stratocaster

What do you think about these trades? Any other Ibanez or Stratocasters you recommend?
Ge the Highway One or the Deluxe Player, I have the deluxe player and personaly I love it.
Moonchild of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join

Quote by PinkIsCool
UG- The only place where a heartwarming moment can easily be turned into an act of homosexuality and incest.

I'd really go with the Ibanez for this one. I really think it'd fit your style better, and I'm really not a huge fan of the Deluxe Players Strat or Highway One.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by El Toro
Ge the Highway One or the Deluxe Player, I have the deluxe player and personaly I love it.

Wow. I do love the delux players. Awesome gold hardware, great pickups, trem, finish, etc. The highway one only seems to be seperated from the standards because it's made in America.

Quote by Kartman
I'd really go with the Ibanez for this one. I really think it'd fit your style better, and I'm really not a huge fan of the Deluxe Players Strat or Highway One.

The Ibanez is pure kickass. I love seeing Satch or Vai live, and love how they play, but lately I've been trying to play more like Eric Johnson.

As long as it's a fair trade, I'm fine with either of the guitars.
dude a shecter for a fender. what the hell. fender sucks. i havent played many high end ibanez so i dont know about that but for god sakes dont get a f**cking fender
If you bought it for 700 I would be surprised if they gave you more than 300. I think you need to consider that.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by metal_skill
dude a shecter for a fender. what the hell. fender sucks. i havent played many high end ibanez so i dont know about that but for god sakes dont get a f**cking fender

Meh. The Fenders I'm looking at play and sound great. They can suck, but I always wanted a fender.

Quote by E Daws
If you bought it for 700 I would be surprised if they gave you more than 300. I think you need to consider that.

Are you sure? I'm better off keeping my C-1 then. I'll make some phone calls tomorrow.
Even local shops usually won't give you more than 40% for your used gear even if it hasn't been touched. You just need to think about it, they can only sell it for what 60-70% the cost of a new one? If they gave you 600 that would be in the high 80's % and if they gave you 500 it would be in the low 70%. There isn't really any room for profit there. You probably are better of keeping the C-1. I've often tried to get a deal trading in some of my stuff and around 40% is usually the best I can get even if it is going directly to a purchase from the store. So I don't bothere . Oh, and if you like Eric Johnson, try out his sig strat for some fun because it is widely considerd one of the best (if not the best) non-custom shop Fender strats out there. It has a very light body and odd paint, but sounds and feels pretty good. I personally do not like the neck that much. So even if you aren't buying one, it is a fun experience for an Eric Johnson fan.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Last edited by E Daws at Jul 29, 2006,
The ibanez IS good BUT
1)It'll take you ages to afford it if you were relying on your C-1 to pay for the most of it
2)The stuff you play seems to be very wide ranged and some of it an ibanez wont do too well

I know that ibanezes can be very versatile but the deluxe player strat seems to be the best option and its cheaper too. Unless musicians friend have different prices to GAK cos i know the english prices rather than the american
Quote by E Daws
Even local shops usually won't give you more than 40% for your used gear even if it hasn't been touched. You just need to think about it, they can only sell it for what 60-70% the cost of a new one? If they gave you 600 that would be in the high 80's % and if they gave you 500 it would be in the low 70%. There isn't really any room for profit there.

You're absolutely right. Sam Ash is only going to give me $300 for it. That's bullsh't. So I'm going to sell it on Ebay, that way I don't have to deal with the middle man.
Quote by metal_skill

What the hell do you have against fender? They make some damn fine guitars
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by RNRSoldier
What the hell do you have against fender? They make some damn fine guitars

Every singel fender ive ever played has been total crap. The frets are crap. The necks don't play that well and i hate the feel of them. Fenders used to be good guitars but know they just make crap.
I'm actually an EJ fan and I have the deluxe strat. It can handle stuff similar to his, but it's so hard to get his tone. I like my strat but I didn't like the vintage noiseless pickups or the stock pickguard. I changed both out but it cost me a bit. Consider this before you get the guitar. I'm also looking at an RG for a down tuned metal guitar. I think that the RGs can play stuff other than metal but I dont think they are best suited for the variety of styles EJ covers.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by metal_skill

oh i aught to slap u silly boy.
My Gear.
60th Anniversary Fender Stratocaster
Squier SA-100 Acoustic (sounds great for a squier)
Magnum Strat-style thing
20W GRUNT??? Amp.
revv_head@hotmail.com

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l291/revv_head/101_5728.jpg[/IMG]
i would keep the classic..its one great guitar...if you really want the ibanez..get it..thats great guitar too..
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3