Right am gettin the impression that most metalheads around here prefer EMG actives but what about others like the duncan model pick ups? like the SH-6 Distortion pick ups (passive) which I 'm thinking of getting for my guitar, (since I was told EMG's wouldnt do well on an agathis body) How do you think those pick ups would fair in heavy metal syles?
I play ALL Seymour Duncan, I put 'em into everything. I'm mainly a metal guy, hard rock too. As long as something's not gunna give ya feedback, I say try 'er. People always try to say what's gunna "sound good", butt hen you just get the same sound as someone else. Experimentation is important.
Quote by xSacrilegex
Experimentation is important.

im gunna sig that....not funny, but insparational.....xsacrigex are you jesus?
My Gear:
Washburn Lyon Tele Copy
ESP LTD MH250NT
Samick D7-CE :
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Peavy Renown Solo Series Amp
Quote by mitch155
im gunna sig that....not funny, but insparational.....xsacrigex are you jesus?

No, but by the quote he might be gay....

Check out Dimarzio too, both have their super metal pickups.
is there a chance some peoples whos balls have dropped can answer this thread please? thankyou
dude it was a joke, dont be so anal retensive

anywayz, everyone has their own preference. Yea EMG's are known for that crunchy distortion metal sound, I havnt used any seymor's distortion pickups..

But seymor duncan knows their ****
If you have a cheapish guitar, I'd just get swinesheads since you're in the UK. You'll save money, and they'll sound better than those duncans to boot.

www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?