i really have no experience in this so bare with me.

i want a new paintjob on my guitar but i don't want to buy a new one with that paintjob. can i just like cover the neck and knobs and stuff or do i have to remove the neck and stuff.
Yes you can paint guitars. If you don't have confidence take it to a shop to paint it for you.

If you wanna know how try looking it up on www.projectguitar.com

And yes, you have to remove the electronics and neck.
Quote by soul_taker
Yes you can paint guitars. If you don't have confidence take it to a shop to paint it for you.

If you wanna know how try looking it up on www.projectguitar.com

thx. i can't take it to the only store cause they just sell and don't repair or paint and stuff.
You gotta learn a bit about guitars. And you will need a soldering iron if it's a fender, or guitar with a rear access plate (as opposed to a pickguard or a "Scratchplate") so you don't have to cut yoru wires. (That will REALLY mess you up!)

Also, you can use ANY paint you want. Hell, some guy a while back painted his guitar with white refiridgerator epoxy paint! Seriously! A guitar is made of wood! Just like furniture. (It's worth a LOT more and it needs to be abit more durable, but still!)

The hardest part is sanding! D: Just don't use too rough of sandpaper for anything past 2/5 the way through unless you know what you are doing. You want teh body SMOOTH when you paint it.

And remember, when in doubt, test on a peice of scrapwood! (Most wood yards or generall wood working places just give scrap wood away!)