I currently have a Fender/Squier Stratacoustic, Im thinking about getting a new guitar. I must admit, I'm not very good at guitar. I just, really dont like this guitar. It doesnt have a very good sound. For a electric/acoustic, it doesnt sound like either, and it just doesnt have a good feel.

I am looking into getting either a Fender Stratocaster Standard, or an Epiphone SG Special.

If I were to get one of these, which one do you think would be better suited for a beginner? Price isn't an issue, as I can get either for the same cost. I'm also wondering if I should just continue learning on this guitar, and get a better one later?
I got my guitar going into sixth grade, and I am goign into 9th this August. Technically I have been playing for 3 years, but I just recently started playing a lot more often. I used to just play occasionally, but now I've been playing everyday or so.
YOu wont Enjoy Learning Guitar, Without A Guitar YOu Dont Like, So If I were You Get The SG It Is More Suited For Beginners, Thats Just My Opinion Though, Read Some Reviews, Try Them
Both the strat and the sg are good second guitars. i'd get the strat just cause its not a knock off
Yeah, thats what I was thinking too. My Stratacoustic was a Fender when I got it, but now its a Squier. It says Fender on the head, and inside it. I looked at the SG and I liked the look and it sounded pretty good from what I heard, but I didnt like teh fact that it was a Gibson knockoff.
How the stratacoustic be a fender when you got it but now it's a squire. And the SG isnt a COMPLETE knockoff it's still owned by gibson just not as good. But yeh get the Fender itt'l be better anyway
MY GEAR

Cort G200 Strat Copy
Epi SG Deluxe (hand-made)
Washburn Dreadnaught Acoustic
Behringer GMX210
Laney HCM10
Zoom GFX-707
Behringer UM100
Behringer TO800
Crybaby Wah
Its made by Squier now. Mine is a Fender. When I got mine it was still Manufactured by Fender, instead of Squier.
you really can't go wrong with either of those guitars, just make sure to play both of them a LOT so you know which is the best choice for your style.
If Fender dont make the stratacoustics any more then you might be able to get some money out of it.
MY GEAR

Cort G200 Strat Copy
Epi SG Deluxe (hand-made)
Washburn Dreadnaught Acoustic
Behringer GMX210
Laney HCM10
Zoom GFX-707
Behringer UM100
Behringer TO800
Crybaby Wah
Best advice: Go to a guitar store and try out some guitars. Don't ask people on the internet for buying advice, just to to a store and check some out.

You might find a totally different guitar that you love and want to buy right there. Don't make any decisions before you've played the guitar.
I tried the strat already and liked it, but they only sold Fenders at the store I was at so thats pretty much all they had, Strats. I other shop I went to had all kinds but I didnt have the time to try out the SG. It did look nice though :P