would you rather have a stock ac 15 (not the one with the alnico blue) or a modded blues jr. voodoo amps can mod a blues jr for $259. here's what they say they'll do.

# Recommended for vintage or rock style tones ? not recommended for metal/heavy players
# Remove fuzzy/buzzy characteristics in favor of a more Marshall plexi/JCM800?esq type of tones
# Fat Switch frequencies are modified to it?s less tubby/floppy/muddy ? switching circuitry is not effected
# All frequencies are balanced out so the amp is more even sounding over all as well as responsive
# The EQ section will be more flexible over all as well as musical sounding
# We do not modify the switching system or the reverb
# Add-On Controls: We are not able to add on any extra controls as there is no physical room inside the amp
# Voodoo Mods? retain your amps resale value verses decreasing it.

i just like how they said they can turn the amp into more of a marshally type tone but i have no idea if this company is legit and if this is even real. so my question is, stock ac 15 or modded blues jr. the vox would be $599 and the blues jr would be $659. oh yeah i like classic rock tones and stuff like vah halen, gnr...i play an american standard strat
Last edited by mystique facade at Jul 29, 2006,
OR maybe get a used Marshall JCM? they will get you those tones.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
yeah but i kinda dont wanna go used. i'm also lookin for low powered tube amps.
Last edited by mystique facade at Jul 29, 2006,
The 20w Traynor is tube. YCV20? I think its called nice amp for vintage stuff tried it myself.
That might be a suggestion worth considering
Well with that extra money you're willing to spend on the BJ, i'm thinking you could upgrage the speaker... I forget what Blues retail for in USD, but Ted Weber does some excellent sounding speakers, custom made, just tell him the kinda tone you want and what amp you have, and he'll point you towards the right thing...

As for those two amps, i love the cleans on the Fender, but the AC with the blue, or equiv speaker i just love altogether... The Fender starts to get a bit muddy when you try and crunch it, and gets rather harsh when cranked (IMO)... The AC has a warmer crunch, as for cleans, not as sparkly, but still lovely and warm...

If you're willing to get a better speaker for the AC, i would go for that... Then again, i havn't heard this 'modded' blues junior...

Tranoyr YCV-15 Blue maybe?

A 15 watt version of the YCV 50Blue
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
They're both great amps, but different sounding, you could upgrade the Blues Jr's speaker and it'd be better, but it's more about personal preference with those amps, so try them out.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
A voodoo modded Blues Junior is by far the best choice by far...and yes Voodoo amps is a reputable company.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

I'd say go with the Blues Jr., I have one that I put a 30watt Heritage G12H in that sounds sweet just changing out the stock speaker.

I also have a Fender Twin that I had Trace mod so the clean channel is Balckfaced & the gain channel Plexified. Totally different amp than before the boys at Voodoo worked thier magic. The biggest change is to the dirty channel, it has sicko gain now for a Fender. Actually to get a Plexi sound I have to keep the gain between 2 & 3.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
I am loving my blues jr. I also have the G12H30 speaker and good tubes (Harma drive tested) and i get great rock and roll tone, great blues sound, and still have the fender cleans.

I know the AC15 too... it's a great little amp also, but it doesn't have as much gain as the fender.

Good Luck
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
I prefer the AC15 to the Blues Junior. The Traynor YCV20WR and YCV15 Blue are also worth looking into.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
anyone got a link for ycv15 blue? cant find any.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Do you all realize it's not a stock blues junior?? It's a voodoo modded amp...there's no compitition.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by jj1565
anyone got a link for ycv15 blue? cant find any.

Just go to yorkville.com . It's under the custom valve series guitar amplifiers.
^yeah i cant get the yorkville site to open, and ur link didnt work for me either.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
^yeah i cant get the yorkville site to open, and ur link didnt work for me either.

I couldn't get it to open either. That's why I gave you a link to the homepage instead of the actual amp. Sites probably just down for a couple days. But they do have it on there, I was looking at it awhile ago.
ok thanks ill try again in a while.

i actually own the blues jr,(threadstarter, i love it to death) but im really interested in traynors. always looking.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62