I dont know that much about tubes and i bought a Marshall Dsl a month or so ago. I am wondering what kind of tubes would be good for me when i wear out the stock ones. Ill tell you my settings so you can get an idea of what kind of sound i like: I have the deep switch in, Presence at 8.5, my treble is at 7, My mids are at 8-9, bass is at 5.5-6.5,tone shift is out, and i like distortion. I have my gain almost at 7 on the lead channel, any higher and it gets really muddy and taistless. I would like a little more gain or be able to turn it up a little bit more with out it turning to mush. I think the tubes are el34's.
I dont like the sound i get out of my boss super od because of too much treble.
I wasnt sure witch forum this should be in it was either Gear Building & Customizing or Guitar Gear & Accessories.

Thanks alot!
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
i'm not much of a soruce for tube knowledge, but a high gain tube set (from JJ or euro i think) might do the job. from my understanding they will pick out the tubes for you that have the highest gain and tone for what you are looking for.

www.eurotubes.com i think is the site. not sure though.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
OK to theread starter your saying you dont like to much treble but you have your treble at 7 and presence at 8.5 thats has ass load of treble wriiten all over it. EL34s seem to be good for you though as you seem to like alot of mids maybe look into 6550s or KT88s they are the same tube itsa just a different name but 6L6s will probably get muddy im not a fan of 6L6s
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
OK to theread starter your saying you dont like to much treble but you have your treble at 7 and presence at 8.5 thats has ass load of treble wriiten all over it. EL34s seem to be good for you though as you seem to like alot of mids maybe look into 6550s or KT88s they are the same tube itsa just a different name but 6L6s will probably get muddy im not a fan of 6L6s

i guess its more a tinny and noisey sound caused by the sd1.
^ Thats probably it you shouldnt be using a distortion pedal with a tube amp
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
^ Thats probably it you shouldnt be using a distortion pedal with a tube amp

Sorry its the Super overdrive, i got mixed up. i just dont like its sound.