i'm thinking of getting the Seymour Duncan JB SH4 and Jazz SH2 and put them in my Ibanez S470 but i dont really know if should get SD's or Dimarzio's :S i play alot of metal and loads of shred soloing stuff so i would like a smooth neck pickup (yngwie malmsteen like) and a heavy but balanced bridge pickup
My Gear:
Ibanez RG550M Dimarzio TZ + Paf Pro
Ibanez RG550R Dimarzio TZ in Bridge
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
If you fap at 2 million faps per second you can go back in time
Up to you really, it should be fine. Some people prefer dimarzio's. But me, id take SD's over dimarzios any day.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
DiMarzio's>>SD for your Ibanez.

No question to it.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
just get some bareknuckles or swinesheads. www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk

for the price SD's and DM's go for over here, their tone is a joke.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hmmm i dunno if you use that mg amp it may be pointless but really i guess its up to you. anyway how much you willing to spend?
Dimarzio has WAY better pickups for shredding/metal than the JB/Jazz.

But you're from the UK.

Swinesheads and Bareknuckles for you!
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I have that same setup in my SG. It's a good all around setup, but, not what I'd pick for metal. Most of the guys that I know who play metal use EMG active pickups.
bareknuckles = too exspensive , swineshead are amazing , especially the venom in the bridge and neck, if i can get a music store to get them in for me then i would buy them
My Gear:
Ibanez RG550M Dimarzio TZ + Paf Pro
Ibanez RG550R Dimarzio TZ in Bridge
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
If you fap at 2 million faps per second you can go back in time
^ you have to buy them off the website, that's one of the reasons why they're so cheap...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A bunch of oppinionated bums here. Its all preferance. I havent tried any Dimarzios thus I cant really give an oppinion, but the the JB Jazz, you have one major advantage. You can get the Seymour Duncan Hot Rod set (Which is a JB and a Jazz) and it's cheaper than one at a time. It might even save you enough for a middle coil, which, in this case, I find alot of people use a Duncan Hot Rails with the JB Jazz
Quote by TimmyPage06
A bunch of oppinionated bums here. Its all preferance. I havent tried any Dimarzios thus I cant really give an oppinion, but the the JB Jazz, you have one major advantage. You can get the Seymour Duncan Hot Rod set (Which is a JB and a Jazz) and it's cheaper than one at a time. It might even save you enough for a middle coil, which, in this case, I find alot of people use a Duncan Hot Rails with the JB Jazz

^Except on the other side of the pond, both Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio pickups are more expensive than they are here
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Jul 29, 2006,
Quote by FacingUsAll
^Except on the side of the pond, both Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio pickups are more expensive than they are here

Very, very true. I left that out. And now look like an Idiot. I wasnt reading enough.. ok, hes a UK chap.

So.. Swinesheads will do you good.
i have a s470 and am also considering my options. Thinking either the PRS tremoti or the SD full shred in the bridge
Quote by TimmyPage06
Very, very true. I left that out. And now look like an Idiot. I wasnt reading enough.. ok, hes a UK chap.

So.. Swinesheads will do you good.

haha, no worries man, half the time when I'm recommending stuff, I have to stop myself because I forget the guy is in the states!

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?