is it easy to install a pair of EMG humbuckers, when youve never had any expierience with pickups, and do you get like instructions or something when you buy the set or new pickups?
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

you usually get a color-code and wiring instructions with your pickups. I made it myself the first time an it took me like 2-3 days
OP: Do you know how to solder? If not, it's gonna be a huge hassle. Plus the time you spend doing it yourself after buying yourself all the equipment wouldn't be worth the $40 to get it done in a day by a pro.
I thought EMGs came with the new quik-connect solderless joints. We transferred the EMG system from my ESP to my friend's strat and it took us about 3-4 hours (had some routing work involved, but the actually connection stuff was pretty easy).
Quote by N_I_N-621
I thought EMGs came with the new quik-connect solderless joints. We transferred the EMG system from my ESP to my friend's strat and it took us about 3-4 hours (had some routing work involved, but the actually connection stuff was pretty easy).

You still need to solder.

They come prewired for 4 knobs, so if you're using two, you have to wire the pots differently. Also, the spacing may be different. that's easy stuff anyway. The wire has two wires, but is 3 conductor. one wire is braided with an inner wire, and then there's another wire that goes to the battery clip. Everything else is prewired for you.

It is easy, but it's frustrating to do without any soldering experience.