Engl Screamer 50 or
Hughes and Kettner Matrix 100

there is a huge price difference mainly cause the Engl is valve but is the £400 price difference worth it and will the Matrix do Metal and Rock well
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
IMO i have played many Hughes N Kettner amps except the new one switchblade i think its called but all the ones i have played SUCK ass i would get the ENGL
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
gd gd thats what i wanted to hear i want the engl
My Gear
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Deffinately the ENGL. You can't even compare those 2 amps. The ENGL is very versatile, all-tube and will deliver far supperior tones to the H&K.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
ya and every hughes and kettner amp ever made blows
alright cheers
My Gear
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Honestly, I hated the Triamp..
for a while I thought I wanted one, but guess it wasn't for me.
thin and kinda buzzy to me
but I'm VERY picky when it comes to tone! haha.

I like fat, thick, br00t-ul yet smooth, warm, heavy, etc. words like that to describe it.

so I'd go for the Screamer 50, its one of the better ENGL's imo even though its one of the cheaper.

...and appearently I didn't get banned or warned that I know of :O
WHY!?!?!?!?!??!
I used that synyster guys idea and came to a friend's house though. lol
another vote for the Screamer...ENGL all the way.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by Cmogi10
another vote for the Screamer...ENGL all the way.

Listen to this man.

Wise one, he is.
kool i cant w8 to try out the engl
My Gear
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Hueghes and Kettner makes some VERY GOOD amps, but hte Matrix is not one of them.....

True dat man. H&K makes really good amps. My all-time favorite being the Edition Tube 20th Aniversery....*creams panties*
just to point out, you might want to try the edition tube too. I don't agree that H&K suck (that specific amp, the matrix, may, I haven't tried it), but I don't think they're for me. They may be for you, though.

Also, there are a lot of amps at that price range. What brands can you get your hands on?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Syn Harvest
ya and every hughes and kettner amp ever made blows

The words of a moron.
i can get me hands on most amps but was mainly lookin at the engl screamer 50 and the marshall TSL601 i will have about £600 mainly metal cheers
My Gear
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
yeah get rid some of your old gear man so maybe u can get the fireball or powerball them bros are sweet soon got the money for the powerball and a cab middle of august. Sweet amp ENGL is amazing!
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Line 6 FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Don't listen to that....but yea ENGL's are amazing amps and if you can try them go at it but if you can't I would go for the ENGL because you'll end up getting an amazing amp
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by Mascot
The words of a moron.

. He truely doesn't know what he's talking about.
^ No i do know what im talking about i have played alot of the amps HUghes and Kettner Makes and hated all of them.

The Triamp was to thin and weak IMO
The Duotone and puretone sounded very similar to the triamp also sucked IMO
The Matrix was Crap
The warp was also crap those two just sounded bad
I didnt like the Edition Blue

All around i just didnt like the tone of the Amps. I went and tried all of the ones i could find because so many ppl were like ya they are great tried them and i hated them

In honesty i havent tried the Zentera, the Edition Tube, or the Switchblade but IMO they will most likely follow suit and be bad like the Rest the is all IMO yes opinions vary so some ppl could like them im just stating mine and it is an educated opinion im not just talking from hearing other ppl talk I have tried the amps and IMO they were all bad.
^ you're entitled to not like them, man. You probably should have said "the one's I've tried, I don't like", but yeah, I don't have any problems with you not liking them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ ya i should have worded it that way but i have played most of them thats why i worded it the way i did
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Engl all the way, the Matrix is nothing special. But to people who say all H&K amps suck... well, like you've played them all... duh
Have you played Edition Blonde? That is the best solid state I have EVER seen. My former teacher had it and said that it was a marvellous amp and after he used it on stage a few times, no one believed that it is not tube. He also owns Marshall Bluesbreaker and has played about every famous tube amp, so he knows his valve sounds