Just wondering how this works as I hope to start recording very soon. Do you have to select the VST instrument and connect a keyboard to your PC or are there ways of doing all the stuff on the computer?
you can use the vst instrument like a midi file and input notes using the piano roll
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Quote by loki_lulamen
you can use the vst instrument like a midi file and input notes using the piano roll

I have Cubase LE installed but cannot find a link for the piano roll. I'm as far as adding a VST instrument. How do i proceed?
Export from FL as a midi or .wav. In Cubase, go to File/Import and import either the audio file or midi file, depending on what you exported as.
What about the drum machine on Cubase? Am I suppose to connect a midi keyboard to use this?
Quote by Deal
Export from FL as a midi or .wav. In Cubase, go to File/Import and import either the audio file or midi file, depending on what you exported as.

Thanks, managed to sort that . Can you import stuff from Powertab or Guitar Pro to Cubase? I tried this with file as WAV but didn't work.
Can't answer about Guitar Pro, and I've never created anything in Power Tab. But on my version (1.7 Build 80), they only options to export are MIDI, ACII and HTML. Cubase should be able to import the MIDI.
you can import MIDI into cubase and then assign a VSTi to it, of course youre using LE which is the really ****ty version of Cubase and i honestly dont know what its limitations are.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
you can import MIDI into cubase and then assign a VSTi to it, of course youre using LE which is the really ****ty version of Cubase and i honestly dont know what its limitations are.

Ah, well the software came with a multi effects pedal I bought. I was thinking of buying a more up to date version of Cubase or possibly Cakewalk. Never used this type of software in past so still getting use to it.
How do you actually arrange drumming on FL. Do you go through it bit by bit or do you download loops for songs your working on? I've basically just been going through it, bit awkward at first as I am a guitarist who has no experience of drumming.
VST are still confusing me . Is anyone able to answer my previous post regarding them? I just expect a piano roll as someone stated in a previous post but can't a find a link to this. Is this feature on the newer versions of Cubase?
I dont understand why some of you would export MIDI or WAVs files from fruity loops when you can juse USE fruity loops as a VST plug in on CUBASE (or any VST capable program) and create content on the fly and in synce with host program and edit every in real time instead of pre rendered stuff, I mean thats how I do it but then agian I soppose you could just go through the hassle of export/import.
I like my women like I like my whiskey, 14 years old and full of coke.
Quote by ynxyg
I dont understand why some of you would export MIDI or WAVs files from fruity loops when you can juse USE fruity loops as a VST plug in on CUBASE (or any VST capable program) and create content on the fly and in synce with host program and edit every in real time instead of pre rendered stuff, I mean thats how I do it but then agian I soppose you could just go through the hassle of export/import.

Most of stuff I've written is in powertab/guitar pro. Unsure yet how to use other instruments in FL.
^Oh ok then for that crap you have to import , altho Guitar Pro transcomposes some of the notes for bass and guitar so you have to move it up a octive or two.
I like my women like I like my whiskey, 14 years old and full of coke.