well my friend asked me to write a song so I did with guitar pro not bothering about lyrics or anything but trying to gve it a structure so that lyrics could be put in, please look at the guitar pro file if you have guitar pro and tell me what you think of it... I hope it works I put it in a zipped file and attached it
Attachments:
jazzy thing.zip
Chuck Norris has two speeds, walk and kill
Last edited by Mortigi Tempo at Jul 29, 2006,
the lead should have wah with muting perhaps but that gives you the idea... plus as Ive never played a drumkit in my life tabbing percussion was interesting XD
getting rather disgruntled as after all this time there are only 2 views and no feedback
*moved*

You would probably get more of a response if you put it in the right forum in the first place.

No prob... I moved it... just sit back and see if anyone replies. Do not bump the thread anymore or I will have to close it and do some other things that I don't like to do.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or any other mod of the R&R forums.
Sorry bud, but I really don't understand how any of that fits together... it sounds very random and is hard to follow... I tried muting the second guitar and it seemed to help plenty, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was listening to two songs played at the same time.

I want to ask you a question: How did you go about writing this? (i.e.) What instrument did you think of first, and how did the song develop in your mind as you composed it?

The leed itself (it hurt so much I set it to play on its own) was decent, but got boring quite quickly... which kind of killed the title for me, since, in my current concept of Jazz, it's a moving style, a constantly changing and articulate composition... this sounds like its the blues scale played in every concievable way.

Keep at it bud, don't feel down, and start listening to the big Jazzers if your not already.
ok, I also after re listening think the intro should be shorter so it should be 8 bars less maybe

ps no need to delete not bumbing the thread is at the top of the page anyway
Quote by leo_p8
Sorry bud, but I really don't understand how any of that fits together... it sounds very random and is hard to follow... I tried muting the second guitar and it seemed to help plenty, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was listening to two songs played at the same time.

I want to ask you a question: How did you go about writing this? (i.e.) What instrument did you think of first, and how did the song develop in your mind as you composed it?

The leed itself (it hurt so much I set it to play on its own) was decent, but got boring quite quickly... which kind of killed the title for me, since, in my current concept of Jazz, it's a moving style, a constantly changing and articulate composition... this sounds like its the blues scale played in every concievable way.

Keep at it bud, don't feel down, and start listening to the big Jazzers if your not already.

hmm perhaps well I wrote lead by soloing around blues scale hense jazzy thing XD and then did rythm around lead and bass arounf rythm and drums around bass... thats the thing I just made it up as I went along. I'm not really into jazz music just cause its round blues scale trying to make something original

Edit thanks but I already am down the thing is a little random I now intensely dislike parts of it and the only part I acatually like is the chorus the intro sounded good at first now is annoying verse lead is pointless and bridge is also random and also I dont have a direction cause I dont know anything about lyrics... could be improved but I doubt it

pps if saying that this is my first ever attempt at writing anything would getme any sympathy then it is XD
Last edited by Mortigi Tempo at Jul 29, 2006,
it sounds like every one of those instruments are in completely different, unrelated keys... I recommend listening to some more jazz guitarists really if you want something to sound jazzy. Visit the Blues & Jazz Forum for some artists.

PS: Don't make a new thread there, either look in the existing ones or search, because there have been 5 1/2 billion threads along the lines of "I want to get into blues" and "I want to get into jazz", and each time we have to give the same answer and it's pretty annoying.

Edit:
... I definitely just now realized how old this thread was.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Last edited by wmzbomgzors at Aug 12, 2006,