I'll give you the same advice that I'd give to anyone. If you like the way it plays and sounds and if it's in your price range, buy it.
how much does it cost? otherwise if its only got one pickup i probably wouldnt bother with it to o much but it is the highest epi lp jr. you can get i think
id say save up to get the Gibson one, the Epi. is of less quality, and it doesnt sound the same as the Gibby.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
The Epi '57 RI Jr. is actually better than the Gibson version. Both have mahogany bodies, both have set necks with rosewood fretboards, and both have the same wraparound bridge, but the '57 Jr. also has Grover tuners and a P-100 for less hum. They're essentially the same guitar, just the Epi has a few better extras.

Punk_Ninja, if you base your entire opinion of a guitar off of the looks, you're an idiot and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.

Topic Creator, I'm curious why you phrase it as "wasting" your money? If it's a guitar you like and will play, how is it a waste?

I've thoroughly looked at these new '57 Juniors and they're great guitars. I'm buying one soon (over a Gibson LP Junior) myself. For the $300 you pay you get a quality LP Junior.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
A Les Paul Junior, whether it is a Epiphone or a Gibson, is not worth the money.
Quote by Xenn99
The Epi '57 RI Jr. is actually better than the Gibson version. Both have mahogany bodies, both have set necks with rosewood fretboards, and both have the same wraparound bridge, but the '57 Jr. also has Grover tuners and a P-100 for less hum. They're essentially the same guitar, just the Epi has a few better extras.

Yeah the tuners are better but the P-100 doesnt sound anywhere near as good as a normal P90, or most humbuckers.
Quote by TimmyPage06
Yeah the tuners are better but the P-100 doesnt sound anywhere near as good as a normal P90, or most humbuckers.

That's really opinion though. It's better in the sense that it doesn't hum. And hell, if it really bothers you a lot, you can buy not only one Gibson P-90, but two of them and a second '57 Junior for the price of the Gibson Les Paul Junior. Replace the P-100 with the P-90 and you have the same guitar with better tuners. Actually, two of them if you want one of each color.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar