how stiff should a digitech whammy be? i mean, when you press it from heel to toe position how hard should it be to press down? i didnt really notice untill i bought a vox wah wah how stiff the whammy was. can you loosen it up a bit or are they always that stiff?
Originally posted by tylerishot
There is no reason that taking advantage of a drunk chick is acceptable. You can, however, beat them up, and tell them they fell down the stairs.
Quote by jakecarter
how stiff should a digitech whammy be? i mean, when you press it from heel to toe position how hard should it be to press down? i didnt really notice untill i bought a vox wah wah how stiff the whammy was. can you loosen it up a bit or are they always that stiff?

dont think so mate. Its not suppost to be continuously moved-i feel it should be more still so you can do it slower-easier
when you use a whammy you need to be precise with the intonation and it is kind of hard to do that if the pedal is soft. I use a soft volume pedal as an expression pedal to a guitar processor, which has whammy simulation and it is very hard to actually use it, you literally just touch the pedal with your foot and the pitch changes. The stiffness is a good thing IMO
yeah, try using a soft one. they suck, it goes from nothing to something in a split second, you want it to sound human. haha