Page 1 of 17
Yeah, Post Hardcore, whats with it, a bunch of monkeys playin easy riffs just so they can move like they have ants in their pants.

Have you ever noticed, with all the falls of genres, glam, disco, grunge, etc.
always fell back to heavy ass metal... Like Priest saved us... or pantera.. they saved us from that gay stuff.

I personaly dont like it, its not hard to play stuff. I like music that is musicly challenging and if it sounds good and its hard to play, thats what I love!

What do you guys think is gonna happen to post hardcore? Do you like it? Where do you think it came from??

everyone in the scene claims to be "hXc" so if you move mast that you get post hardcore the music that doesnt want to be in with the hardcore wanabees, it pretty much came from punk rock if im not mistaken?
Aren't Thursday and At The Drive-In considered Post-Hardcore? I love those two bands.
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
'Post-Hardcore' sounds funny

but not as funny as 'Post-Retro'

If you don't like it, don't bother to listen to it. Its that easy
yea, sorry you dont know what your talking about. first of all generally, post hardcore is harder to play then hardcore, and its not the kind of genre people hate.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
There are a lot of post hardcore bands that kick ass.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
You can't just walk into the hardcore forum and complain about those things. The majority of hardcore bands are simple and basic. Like 2 ^'s ago, post hardcore is even harder to play than hardcore in generalities.

We love it because of the energy, not because it's "simple" and "easy to play".

and if it sounds good and its hard to play

No. Not true.

And - if you use glam disco and grunge as examples as examples of where post hardcore is going to go - rather than refering to the scene - then best start learning about "the scene"
I think post hardcore came from..hardcore.

And hardcre/post hardcore aren't very difficult technical genres in general.
Quote by FenderStrat21
Yeah, Post Hardcore, whats with it, a bunch of monkeys playin easy riffs just so they can move like they have ants in their pants.

Do you even know what Post Hardcore REALLY is? Maybe you should stick to liking Metallica and Slipknot...

Quote by Knife2aGunFight
Aren't Thursday and At The Drive-In considered Post-Hardcore? I love those two bands.

Yeah, two amazing bands

And I don't recall them having such simple guitar parts and subject matter...
To me, post-hardcore is basically music that takes the concept of hardcore and does something new with it; takes it in a new direction, but still holding down influences from the original bands/style.
it appears the threadstarter is a fool.

other than that i do love a bit of the ol' post-hardcore bands like million dead, biffy clyro, meet me in st louis etc. Top shizzle
not all 'post-hardcore' is just 'easy riffs'. 'August burns red' has an insane rhythm parts can would impress any open-minded music fan (listen to the breakdown in "Speech Impediment". Also, ive always been impress with a lot of Unearths solos such as "Zombie Autopilot" and the breakdowns in "this lying world" and "the great dividers".
Now lemme just say something really quick about breakdowns: although technically they are easy, there are certain things a good break down should do to a listener that are not always easy to acheive.

Whatever though, its all about what you listen to, and as long as no ones forcing you to listen to a certain music, theres no reason to hate it. Because its always your choice weather you want to listen to it or not.
Well I don't know about August Burns Red (who judging from the name are ass) but Unearth are not Post-Hardcore.
I think you need to know what post-hardcore is before you start slating it.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by FenderStrat21

that's exactly why i listen to it
I am a breathing Time Machine!
i dont want to sound like a flaming gay or anything but what is post hardcore, can someone just give me a few bands that are listed as post hardcore (who had some success, not just random indie post hardcore no average joe has ever heard of) so i can understand who fits the criteria cause i have honestly never heard of it before...and when did hardcore die? so many goddam labels today...its rediculous
What happened to fenderstrap21 i think he ran away from this thread. When will you kidds learn to play nice. What you did was fair but not nice.
What the hell is the internet?
list some post-hardcore bands for me please

i think he is legend , showbread, and fall of troy fall under this genre right?

i dont know what the Fuck this smiley is doing
Quote by Insomniak
i dont want to sound like a flaming gay or anything but what is post hardcore, can someone just give me a few bands that are listed as post hardcore (who had some success, not just random indie post hardcore no average joe has ever heard of) so i can understand who fits the criteria cause i have honestly never heard of it before...and when did hardcore die? so many goddam labels today...its rediculous

Yeah, I'd like to hear some examples too

I've become interested in hearing some
^mewithoutYou
The Fall of Troy
At The Drive-in
Fugazi

Those are just off the top of my head.
^^ mewithoutYou post-Hardcore?, I guess they could be in the INSTIWB EP and A to B Life days, not so much now, also earlier Thursday just to add to the list
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
^ Yeah, I was thinking about the [A-->B] Life era when I posted that. Catch Us for the Foxes may still be considered post-hardcore, but to a much lesser extent. It's debatable.
Quote by Insomniak
...and when did hardcore die? so many goddam labels today...its rediculous

There are many many sub genres.

Because are genre isn't as constricted as people like to say it is.

And hardcore never died. Please do not fall down that route of stupidity.
It all started in the late 70's/early 80's when Ian McKaye, the creative genius behind the punk band Minor Threat heard Rites of Spring. He was inspired to branch out and try something new because of it after forming Embrace, and started a new band soon after. This band is one of the most influential of the past quarter-decade or so, and oddly enough, included Guy Piccottio from Rites of Spring. This band was Fugazi, and with their debut 'Repeater', they began two genres, emo and post-hardcore. They melded the DIY punk spirit with many other sounds and subject matter that was rarely tackled in those days. Post-hardcore is simply another genre that is greatly influenced by hardcore and encompasses many other genres such as emo, screamo, and some forms of pop-punk. Correct me if I'm wrong. I am probably just full of **** and have no idea what I'm talking about.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
isnt posthardcore technically supposed to be called melodic hardcore?
Quote by STRAT811
It all started in the late 70's/early 80's when Ian McKaye, the creative genius behind the punk band Minor Threat heard Rites of Spring. He was inspired to branch out and try something new because of it after forming Embrace, and started a new band soon after. This band is one of the most influential of the past quarter-decade or so, and oddly enough, included Guy Piccottio from Rites of Spring. This band was Fugazi, and with their debut 'Repeater', they began two genres, emo and post-hardcore. They melded the DIY punk spirit with many other sounds and subject matter that was rarely tackled in those days. Post-hardcore is simply another genre that is greatly influenced by hardcore and encompasses many other genres such as emo, screamo, and some forms of pop-punk. Correct me if I'm wrong. I am probably just full of **** and have no idea what I'm talking about.

Exactly, you know your stuff.

But that was WAY back when emo was fast paced, punk like music with EMOTIONAL LYRICS which is what they got the genre name from. None of that hair and makeup bull****.

The only example for REAL old school emo I can think of right now is Gray Matter.
Guitarrist living in the Kitchener/Waterloo area and looking to join a band.
wth is up with all these gendre's like grindcore (wth is that?) metalcore (somebody give me a definition!) hardcore (i now understand!)......there are really so much alike in my opinion........there always screaming...and u can mostly mosh to the music...
As I've said many times in the past few days (in various ways), go jerk of to a Metallica record.

Complicated Music =/= Good Music
Quote by hardrock1315
As I've said many times in the past few days (in various ways), go jerk of to a Metallica record.

Yeah, and Metallica is a pretty decent band to back that point with. Maybe next time you should substitute a band that actually is pretty complex.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
The getaway plan, wendy icon, silverstien,
The getaway plan, wendy icon, silverstien

Thats just my opinion.
Quote by hardrock1315

Oh shut up

Simple music =/= Good music either

Your 'argument' is a flawed pile of crap
Quote by hardrock1315

Says who?
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by GiantRaven
Oh shut up

Simple music =/= Good music either

Your 'argument' is a flawed pile of crap

I guess that was an accident.

I meant more like Complex Music does not neccissarily = Good Music
Quote by Smoothie
Exactly, you know your stuff.

But that was WAY back when emo was fast paced, punk like music with EMOTIONAL LYRICS which is what they got the genre name from. None of that hair and makeup bull****.

The only example for REAL old school emo I can think of right now is Gray Matter.

Thank you. Yeah, I'm talking about REAL emo. Other examples would be the Promise Ring, Jawbreaker, and Sunny Day Real Estate (even tho they're not exactly 'fast paced'). REAL emo=post hardcore.

And about this complex/simple music crap, ideally, music should contain both complex and simple elements.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Quote by hardrock1315
I guess that was an accident.

I meant more like Complex Music does not neccissarily = Good Music

My mistake

Yeah, you are right there