it seems impossible

lets hold hands
here on the subway

cause we've been stuck here in teh dark for way too long...

lets all hold hands...

here on the subway
Learn how to to alternate pick
Bishop of Zeppelinism PM The Heartbreaker to join.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by FenderStrat21
I conquer, alternate pickin is the tool for fast solos and good stuff man... learn it

I double conquer, alternate picking can be used for anything
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

**** alt picking with slayer jkust practice it with a metronome ull get it, eventually

playing with all downstrokes gets a much better thrash sound, play the main riff to master of puppets alt picked then compare it to the sound on the record that is all downstrokes
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
Quote by metalmaster362
**** alt picking with slayer jkust practice it with a metronome ull get it, eventually

playing with all downstrokes gets a much better thrash sound, play the main riff to master of puppets alt picked then compare it to the sound on the record that is all downstrokes

Playing the MOP verse riff whilst alternate picking will only sound dodgy because you are playing more than one string at once, you dolt. Besides, alternate picking AND downstrokes can be used for for any genre, and it IS possible to play metal or punk or genres that like that, effectively with alternate picking, it's just practicing technique.
^^^^^^^^ are you all stupid??? its CONCUR!! not CONQUER! what are you all conquering his opinions with an army??? jeez...
Quote by olif8
Playing the MOP verse riff whilst alternate picking will only sound dodgy because you are playing more than one string at once, you dolt. Besides, alternate picking AND downstrokes can be used for for any genre, and it IS possible to play metal or punk or genres that like that, effectively with alternate picking, it's just practicing technique.

Actually, you are only playing more than one string when the powerchords come in. The low E palm-mute is strictly downpicked. It's not that hard. And it sounds a ton better.
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
i usually pick downwards - it sounds way better

if somethings to fast i use hammerons/pulloffs
'Lovely' does NOT have guitar solos!

Monterey Stage Series Electric
Some bright orange Ashton acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 112
Variax 300
I tried strict downpicking for Piece by Piece, and it's not really that hard. I assume you're talking about the intro and the following triplet patterns? The verse obviously can't be just downpicked.

Then I tried alternate picking and it became alot easier. That's about all there is to it.